šŸ“Š Investing in stock market

There has been similar discussion about the average daily balance required in Italy.

I think itā€™s too hard to provide the correct forms per country, particularly where Revolut may only have a small number of customers.

Better to provide a standard format that is then an easy way to get the specific info you need.

1 Like

They literally provide API access - people from Italy can go programmatically get this data if required

Hi guys.

Any update on European stocks or further features?

5 Likes

No updates yet, Letā€™s hope this happens soon.

2 Likes

Was anybody charged costudy fees in monthly bases? I saw this post.

That states the custody fee is ANNUAL not monthly. But I got charged twice nowā€¦

Yes, itā€™s per month. Although, not a big deal.
I asked them back in September.

2 Likes

Got the same answer today! thank you, funny think that they all thank us for us patience

Hi! Good question! I will ask our legal team to clarify this and change the wording :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much ArsenG, I see you are in the trading team hope you are monitoring the Trading related topics here! I also asked today about some dividends that are pending since yesterday from JPM, no answer as they said the trading department is not working on weekends.

1 Like

I just got an email to take part in Disneyā€™s voting for the 2020 Annual Meeting in March 11. First time seeing such an email.
I donā€™t know if I can go there and take part as investor (Iā€™m not planning to do it), but I can vote online to all of the proposals.

Received the same email, really nice from Disney even with 0.50 shares does make you feel special. And I think is mostly like a survey.

Actually, we can attend the meeting and vote physically.

wanna go? :slight_smile:

I donā€™t think so, especially traveling from Europe. I can use that money for further investing.

Anyone with stocks in Hungary? Could you share experience on how to pay taxes for dividends and capital gains? Thank you!

It would be so great if Revolut could provide all the required tax information for most of the countries it operates in.
Even better would be if taxes are paid automatically. Wouldnā€™t that at least be possible for the countries where Revolut has subsidiaries?

3 Likes

No broker in the world pays the taxes for you. Some will deduct witholding tax in origin due to certain regulations (i.e. 15% from US stock with W8BEN).
But we cannot reasonably expect Revolut to do our taxes for us. That is our responsibility.

1 Like

In some countries brokers report income from capital return, dividends, ā€¦ to the tax authorities automatically, and / or brokers provide customers a yearly tax report that makes filing your taxes very easy. As a UK entity, it makes sense that they donā€™t act like a local broker, but a quarterly / yearly portfolio statement could easily be designed to meet tax report needs in many of Revolutā€™s markets. Every other broker, including ā€œcheapā€ zero commission brokers, that I have experience with does a a better job here. Iā€™m not complaining, but thereā€™s definitely room for improvement. Especially in Revolutā€™s case where all investments are in USD, itā€™s somewhat complex to track currency rates for every transaction when investing in fragments with small transactions over time.

5 Likes

Actually, in Germany domestic financial institutions automatically transfer the tax to the tax office in many cases including stock portfolios & funds.
Many people with such accounts arenā€™t even required to do a tax declaration at all.

3 Likes

Dividends pay taxes only in one country. For me revolut charges me automatically with 30% like US citizen, but I have nothing to do with US. So, I donā€™t have to be taxed twice in my country which charges only 5% to 10% for dividends.