šŸ“Š Investing in stock market

4 Likes

Is there any news regarding whether short operations will be available someday?

5 Likes

This is taken from a Revolut event that can be found in Youtube. It is the roadmap for the Trading features.

When I log out of the app, the watchlist in the Revolut Trading app always restarts and all added stocks disapearā€¦

Can somebody change this? I donā€™t want to add the same stock again and again everytime when the app crashesā€¦

1 Like

Okay, you made it to be the first broker in Europe to offer no fee (or as low as $1) stock trades. Congrats, really!

Letā€™s discuss some of the features required so you would remain the best one as well.

1.The ability to organize stocks in different custom sectors, which have individual pie charts/percentages/earnings etc.
2.Information regarding each stock/company - market cap., latest news, dividend yeld %, ex-div/payout dates, etc.
3. Add ETFs
4. Auto-reinvest functionality of received dividends - this would be the most valuable one.

Let me elaborate on the last one a bit:
For the last few years many people in Europe have been looking for a way to invest in the stock market without the crazy high fees (numerous articles online about this). Many of those ā€œto beā€ investors are looking for dividend earnings, rather thŠµn day trading. Now, letā€™s image we have the functionality to auto-reinvest those received dividends:
For example, if the ā€œAvailable to investā€ balance goes over 10-15$, it would automatically purchase the lowest priced stocks from the portfolio at that moment. Or even better - have the option to choose in which of the above mentioned categorized sectors you wish to allocate the highest % of earned divs.

What this would do is have more trades each month and as of this moment the amount the no fee trades for the Standard plan is 3, which would actually make more people to go Metal in order to get those unlimited 0 fee trades - Win-win situation.
(Another option would be to have this functionality included for the Premium/Metal cards, but that might be a bit too greedy in my opinion).

I understand those developments require lots of time and work but the stock trading sector is growing fast and now actually trying to catch up in Europe, as weā€™ve been lacking behind the US for all these years, which is why I feel that we need to keep improving at a quicker pace (I also realize that this isnā€™t the main purpose of the app, but still). Robinhood starting to trade in the UK in 2020 but I guess it would take them time to have all those licenses for rest of the countries. You guys already have that, letā€™s make those app improvements functionalities and stay the best!

10 Likes

2020Q2 sounds like a very interesting time - I wonder if Revolut can win me from my current broker (provided they can transfer my ISA over)

1 Like

This is not the tax % deduction depending on your country?

@Martin.ng well said! I was actually ready to create an post dedicated to this! I am really happy that people see the need for this extra features. I agree with everything you said above.
:bar_chart: - Pie Charts Also would be really good to organize stocks by nature (real estate, energies, etc.)
:man_office_worker: -ETFs/Bonds Is also a must that they need to consider asap there was a post recently stating that ETFs where banned for europe not sure where i saw that one.
:arrows_counterclockwise: -Auto/Reinvest this is an amazing feature since revolut offers fractional shares i would love to be able to set a % based deposit evenly invested to my portfolio.

Hope this gets noticed by Revolut staff and start changing the trading experience for the clients

11 Likes

It isnā€™t true lol

I have investments in ETFs and I can sure as hell say Iā€™m in Europe

1 Like

perfect then, so thatā€™s a matter of time to have them in the app. :rocket:

1 Like

Could you please bring back the transactions in every single stock that we already bought and sold? In other words the trading history of that individual stock?

Now, there is the over all transactions in main screen and the transactions in the stocks that we currently holding.

5 Likes

It wasnā€™t an intentional change. We will fix this. Sorry for inconvenience and thank you for the report :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thatā€™s not true, Revolut arenā€™t the first to offer free stock trading. Trading212 did it first and better, also itā€™s unlimited.

1 Like

Trading212 isnā€™t a stock dealing platform, itā€™s a CFD trading platform and as just to inform you, 80% of investors lose money with them as a result

They have an investment platform too, and I trade CFDs and have made profit, but thats beside the point.

I stopped using Revolut because it is so barebones and I had a visual glitch that made me lose a lot of money. Plus 3 trades per month isnā€™t nearly enough. Revolut really needs to improve their platform to be even close to others

Itā€™s really meant to be more like a metal and premium draw - to have your trading in that too. 0.1% holding is also pretty nice tbh

And yeah - itā€™s your choice to switch, personally Iā€™m happy with how their trading platform is developing

1 Like

It would be nice if we could get a tax certificate thatā€™s valid for our country.
Revolut wants to simplify banking as much and possible and I think a lot of people who are interested in Revolut Trading are unsure about how to do the tax declaration for it.
In Germany banks need to give their customers a tax certificate. These certificates include the exact information how to enter all the sums in the tax declaration.

Iā€™m not sure how this differs in other countries all over the world and I know itā€™s not a trivial job to offer the different tax certificates. But Iā€™m very sure that itā€™d make the product much more interesting to a lot of customers.

7 Likes

Revolut isnā€™t a bank though (itā€™s not using its banking license) - itā€™s a payment institution

Honestly, this is about Revolut being a bank or not.
It is about Revolut offering services that are relevant for taxes.
Tax laws are complex and may come with hefty negative consequences if not done correctly.

Instead of supporting the users with all the data Revolut holds, they decide to build MVPs* for the sake of fast growth.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_viable_product

1 Like

If the legislation is only applicable to banks - then they arenā€™t required to provide this tax form

Was my point