📊 Investing in stock market

How would this even work, since the accounts should be separated at the broker and who gets the dividends and who can decide they can liquidate their holdings? Just invest each in their own portfolio

1 Like

Yeah, I’d say it’s even better, isn’t it, to just both buy $10 of the same share and keep them separately.

Hi, does anyone know how to continue trading after dec 31st? Revolut said make an action on pop up window. I still don’t have that pop up action.

Any advice?

1 Like

I can see the company CAMECO but it’s impossible to make a trade. Does the same thing happen to someone else?

6 hours ago when you wrote this the market was closed…

1 Like

You can’t buy when the market is closed

2 Likes

New stocks added to Revolut.
Some of the stocks added: Avalara, BP, C3ai, Dexcom, DoorDash, DraftKings, Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Leslies, Li Auto, McAfee, Root, Spirit Airlines and Workhorse.

4 Likes

I believe the one we were all anxiously waiting for is Airbnb (ABNB). Any news about it? Thanks

1 Like

It is 8 min before the stock opens and I see ABNB but I can’t still place a limit order, I guess it’ll be available once the ring bells. Good luck

2 Likes

Good job Revolut, that’s how to be up to date! :smiley:
There are always more stock in bring in, but i like the app more and more.

2 Likes

Thank you!! Thank you!! REVOLUT for adding Airbnb, workhorse group, li auto, draft kings inc. and many more stocks!

2 Likes

Nio stock clearly end at $45.26, but the app show $43.00. What’s happening?

1 Like

The market is closed, this is the after hours price, you can learn more about after hours trading here https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/05/saleafterhours.asp

2 Likes

Hi,
Three simple idea:

1. Moment price on the stock order tab. If I don’t have a stock yet, I can’t see the current price just if I click on the stock details. And it’s slow, I want to see information right away. :slight_smile:

2. Percentage change of the selected period on the stock watchlist. Now I can see only the changes of today on the watchlist. I want to quickly see the change in the price of many (20-30) stocks. It doesn’t matter if it falls a week or just today. :slight_smile:

3. Transaction type filter. I have a lot of transactions and it’s very hard to go through. I want to filter by activity type and successful, cancelled. :slight_smile:

I use 7.29.1 beta 850, with Metal account

5 Likes

Hi. Wrt ETFs, I have contacted support today, but seems only European ETFs will be added “soon”. Apparently S&P500 index won’t make it’s way to Revolut trading due to this PRIIPS regulations (at least this is what I’ve been told).

3 Likes

Well, if they add european ETF’s registered in Ireland that respect the EU regulations it’s enough, it means we might have access to iShares and Vanguard european ETF’s, which is absolutely amazing!!!

For S&P 500 you might have iShares Core S&P 500 UCITS ETF USD (Accumulating)
For global developed markets you might have iShares MSCI World UCITS ETF USD Acc
For global markets + emerging markets you might have Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF USD Acc.

So the thing is there are hundreds of possibilities with the european equivalent funds, they track the same index and they will be identical, but they might be even better because some of them are in euro, and now with the dollar using purchasing power you retain value better. For example iShares MSCI World EUR Hedged UCITS ETF (Acc), an accumulating fund in euro that tracks the MSCI World index ( 23 Developed Markets with over 1000 stocks, basically 64% US stocks and the rest from all over the world including Japan, UK, France, Germany, etc.)

3 Likes

Well I just started investing so I wanted to use 2 funds:

1. short term (0-2 years) , most of it in bonds so I can have easily access to it (maximum 6000 euros) average return 4-6%
  2. medium/ long term (2y +) where I invest in a index fund. Over the years, it seems to have an average return of 10%+. Seems that for this one I’ll have to use a European etf instead s&p500.
    What’s your investing strategy? Or you’re more active and trying to beat the market?
    Thanks.
1 Like

When revolut will offer ETF’s, try to pick up a three-fund portfolio (with a bonds percentage higher or lower depending on your age and risk tolerance). Look it up on the bogleheads forum (for passive investors) https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/EU_investing https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Simple_non-US_portfolios#Three_fund_portfolio . You basically want to capture the US market which has performed well lately and the rest of the world, if us drops in performance the rest of the world might compensate for that, this is diversification and offers you similar returns and lower volatility

1 Like

Thank you very much for the tips.
As for the age, I’m exactly 30 and i intend to put some capital into bonds until I reach a limit that will allow me to live up to 6 months without any income.
Then, I will start to spill over in 2 other ETFs like the ones you mentioned earlier.
As I know me, I’m pretty loss averse, not extreme, but probably above average. This being said, probably until 40 I’ll keep a 30% bonds 70% stocks, then I will slowly transfer more income into bonds as I will prepare for my retirement.

The big question here is: Can revolut be trusted for this kind of long term plan and what maximum capital should I trust revolut to handle for me?
I think I saw somewhere 500k euro insurance, but I don’t know what to say…

1 Like

Well, you should start investing after you have an emergency fund that covers 6 months of living expenses in a very accessible form, saving account at your bank probably, you never know when an unexpected event happens, a fire, a medical expense, you never know so you need that emergency fund ready, this a personal finance tip available to everyone. Regarding insurance I think that Revolut is fighting to move trading to Ireland and that will make everything easier for EU investors

1 Like