Introducing Auto-Exchange 💸

See responce to my similar case.

1 Like

I can’t tell you from HUF in EUR only from RON to HUF if it helps you in any way.
I used auto-exchange many times from RON to HUF and only had to win at a very good exchange compared to the foreign exchange houses or the bank.
I have never used auto-exchange HUF in RON.

1 Like

Go to your auto-exchanges by going to Dashboard> Watchlist> Show More> Actions, there you’ll find the delete button.

1 Like

Hi,
I can’t seem to delete auto-exchange orders.
I’ve tried tapping on it from the list of orders, nothing happens.

(BTW, I’m using the Dutch (Belgian) version of the app, if this makes any difference?)
Thanks

1 Like

don’t tap it, slide it to left after following @rave56’s instruction
edit: actually tapping it in the actions tab also lets you delete it.

1 Like

I set the auto-exchange to 1 lei = 0,2122 euro and the auto-exchange has made to 1 lei = 0,2112 euro. That was my problem.

1 Like

@dkl9813
We have one common problem :slight_smile: handling unusual display of an exchange rate. But you are still able to use CZK to EUR auto-exchange, although in non-user friendly mode.
But HUF to EUR auto-exchange is simply not possible, or at least I cannot figure out a way to do it. That is because variations in published exchange rates are only at the 5th and 6th decimal.

If Revolut does’nt want to switch how exchange rate is displayed than I would expect either list cost of 1 EUR for 100 HUF, or display 6 decimals.

Both would work. As it is implemented now is unusable for me.

See below how Bloomberg is presenting the exchange rate. And compare it to what Revolut is presenting me. Min/max/current 0,0030 for the past month.

1 Like

I see your point. Basicaly revolut made definiton how the auto-fx is done and developers did their programing and deal done. The same measurement no market practice. Here is product - take or leave it. It looks to me that they don’t bothered.

In my case auto fx works only for certain thresholds - like “stairs”. But change it would be easy for programers - just to use 1/x view factor for selected currenly pairs in the settings.

Excel

bloomberg

In you case iase change would be addion factor x100. Our Central Bank doing the same for HUF. The unit is 100. https://www.cnb.cz/en/financial-markets/foreign-exchange-market/central-bank-exchange-rate-fixing/central-bank-exchange-rate-fixing/

1 Like

Yes, your point is right, a currency rate for 100 HUF would be usable.

Anybody on behalf of Revolut staff is reading this? Please, please explain how should I use this auto-exchange feature for HUF to EUR conversion.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, I have a generic question on Auto Exchange. Revolut charges an extra fee outside foreign exchange market hours. With international travel and time zones, could it be that the Auto exchange kicks in outside market hours in one particular zone of the planet and therefore introduces outside market hours fee?

Or is Auto Exchange guaranteed not to generate out of market hours fees?

2 Likes

When the market is closed the trade shouldn’t be triggered as there’ll be no movement up or down (it would have to move and trigger while the FX markets are open)

Unless you set it at a lower rate than it’s currently at - in which case it seems like a you problem

2 Likes

What a good revolut is amazing :slight_smile:

Did you manage to find out how you can start a new topic. I would appreciate your help. Thanks

First of all that doesnt have anything to do with the topic you are posting. But you need to be on member level or higher being able to post new topics.

thank you for that! much appreciated

You can see the details here:

Since the last update, reaching the Actions tab (where you can see and delete the scheduled auto-exchanges) takes too long = From main screen, press Dashboard, press Rate converter, press Show more, and finally press Actions tab. 5 buttons for deleting an auto-exchange operation. Could it be done in less steps? i.e. from the Exchange screen

1 Like

Hi I have auto-exchange for EUR and I did it twice, I would like to remove how can I do it?

When auto-exchange is done, it’s no longer active.
If you created an auto-exchange action and want to remove it, do what miroure wrote.
Go do dashboards (bottom right)
Open “Watchlist” and click on “Show more”
Go to “Actions”, select and remove it.

Addition: “show more” is only visible when there’s also a currency pair. So just add a currency pair first when it’s not available.