Introducing Auto-Exchange šŸ’ø

Hi,
I canā€™t seem to delete my auto exchange either.
Iā€™m on android and thereā€™s no ā€œactionsā€ tab so far I can see and find :S

1 Like

More -> Rates -> Actions

2 Likes

Hi all,

why you introduced Auto-Exchange service and an operator today informed me that
if I continue to change between euro and dollar my account it will be blocked?

Not make sense to introduce a service that maked to gain purpose and then limited to exchange!!

May you explain betterā€¦

Iā€™m a metal user and my founds are totally checked!

2 Likes

Auto exchange is still useful for the occasional exchange before / after a vacation or if one is an expat and gets the salary in a different currency that is used for daily spending.

Trading is not the intended use case and excluded in the T&Cs. (No guarantee but I believe this does not apply for crypto.)

5 Likes

I understand, slowly they are adapting like all the other platforms. Thanks for your answer. In fact today I reported everything in euros and when I need change I need it.

1 Like

Autoexchange on btc is not working ? Cant click on ā€œautoexchangeā€ after everything is set. Anybody else have problem or can check if itā€™s working ?

1 Like

Same problem here. App crashes and closes when I open the Actions tab for the auto exchange and alerts.

1 Like

Today after app upgrade its working now.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m facing an issue trying to use auto-exchange on iPhone. Looks like setting automatic conversion goal does not accept ā€œ,ā€ comma on numeric keyboard, only ā€œ.ā€ dot that I donā€™t have in my local? e.g. 1 HRK = 0,1350 EUR, canā€™t be entered because of comma. Regards, Sven

1 Like

Hope to become it sooner! :smiley:

1 Like

Do you know what is required to become a member? just a matter of time or something else? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It takes time, more details here: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

3 Likes

a lot of people are really confused by the way it works on discourse as they are used to be able to create threads from the moment they register.
Also due to the nature of Revolut people often register here once they encountered an issue and they want to create a thread from the very beginning.

1 Like

Hi,
I was looking for a possibility to cancel an auto exchange order. I did not find a way to do that in the app. I have now two standing orders, but I would like to cancel one of them.

1 Like

How can I use this feature for low valuation currencies such as HUF. Normally we understand 1 EUR to HUF buy and sell quotations (today around 331 HUF one Euro). I cannot see how to set an auto-exchange rate to buy EUR if rate drops to say 325. I see only the inverted rate, which is a constant 0,0030 (last week variation was between 0,003012-0,003045).

1 Like

I tried several months earlier Introducing Auto-Exchange šŸ’ø, but not will on their side.

1 Like

that is also an issue reported quite a while ago:

2 Likes

I find this Auto-Exchange a great feature, but as implemented is useless for a HUF to EUR automatic exchange.
Am I wright or wrong?
May I get an opinion on behalf of somebody from Revolut?

2 Likes

Hello,
I have a problem with my auto-exchange.
I put at auto-exchange rate of 1 lei = 0.2122 euros and auto-exchange changed me wrong to 1 lei = 0.2112 euros, I do not understand why?
I sent to Revolut print screens where it looks the price alert as two rates before the wrong auto-exchange made by the Revolut.
Price alerts look like this in the printScreen (Picture 1) that I sent to Revolut where I have 2 price alerts before wrong auto-exchange made by Revolut.
Looked on date September 3 (Picture 1) for the last 3 price alerts and took them in order after hours and now look on Imagine 1 to see the last 3 price alerts on September 3 at 16.55 to the first rate of 1 lei = 0.2120 euros, the second rate also on September 3 at 16.56 to the rate of 1 lei = 0.2121 and the third also on September 3 at 16.56 but to the rate of 1 lei = 0.2112 instead of 1 lei = 0.2122 euros auto-exchange that I did.
You can not tell me that I had another rate because if you look at the chronology of events (Picture 1) you will see that they are in order from first price alert at 1 lei = 0,2120 euro at 16.55 on September 3 to the second price alert at 1 lei = 0,2121 euro on September 3 at 16.56 and the last price alert, the wrong one by Revolut, 1 lei = 0.2112 euros also on September 3 at 16.56.
I do not think you cannot check in my auto-exchange history to see that I set the auto-exchange rate of 1 lei = 0.2122 euros instead of the wrong rate set by Revolut of 1 lei = 0.2112 euros.
Can I have decent contact possibilities other than in-app chat because for 3 days I try to talk to the people from the Revolut and they tell me this message :
"Thereā€™s a chance that it was caused by some significant drop, however, at that time the rate was exactly on point. It seems that the rate could change for a moment and it triggered the auto-exchange. It is not visible on the graph as it is checking the rate at some periods of time and not constantly (ā€˜liveā€™). You can find the information about the changing of rates and the fact that we do not guarantee these rates on the blog ā†’ https://blog.revolut.com/introducing-auto-exchange/ "
In the pictures 2 and 3 you will see the wrong auto-exchange made by Revolut, wrong auto-exchange made by the Rrevolut at the rate of 1 lei = 0.2112 euros instead of 1 lei = 0.2122 euros auto-exchange made by me.
I would like to either to give me the money back meaning the 47.30 Ron (Romanian currency) or to calculate the 9.99 euros at the rate of 1 lei = 0.2122 euros, auto-exchange that I set, instead of the wrong rate of Revolut at 1 lei = 0.2112 euros.
Please reply to my message.

Thank you very much.
Have a nice day.

2 Likes

@DraghiciDavid From the rates printscreen I understand that you set an ā€œalarmā€ for a certain rate and then manually exchanged the LEI to Euro? Am I wrong? :thinking:

1 Like