Initial Thoughts on Revolut Metal?

Revolut saves me a bundle not having to put up with poor exchange rates. Other cards may have better lounge access but what you gain with one hand you lose in poorer exchange rates. Perhaps.

It is unlikely I will ever use the Revolut lounge pass as my existing credit card already provides for this unlimited facility. But I like that Revolut gives me one free pass nevertheless. Perhaps I can transfer to a friend. Happy Days :slight_smile:

1 Like

It came down to £25 to downgrade, which I’ve now done. In case anyone is in a similar position.

2 Likes

Hmmmm, And I was think of splashing out on one, Not good, You’ve made my mind up for me.

£25.00 to Downgrade!!! I’m shocked.

It used to be a lot more!

Honestly it is a nice gesture that you can even downgrade from the Metal plan. It is a 12 month contract. It is clearly stated. And you agree to this contract.

If you brake the contract you pay. That’s just common sense…

You wouldn’t try to pull stunts like that with your cell phone or internet provider or?

5 Likes

Exactly, well said. Try breaking your contract for house or car insurance mid term and see how far you get lol

2 Likes

Give it a couple of years and to increase competition the EU will ban contract termination fees

Never. Then you would not even need any contracts anymore. If you break a contract you have to pay the penalty. And I am glad it is that way.

1 Like

Just being curious, do you keep using the metal card but with a Premium plan attached to it or does the card itself become unusable?

AFAIK you can use the card until it is invalid.

1 Like

I mean for like mobile providers and gas, electric etc. In the contracts there’s always a clause that allows them to change the price or there’s always a much better deal that comes along. It would encourage them to work on smaller margins rather than rinsing people if contract termination fees were banned from these markets.

Correct.

1 Like

Interesting. Curve does the opposite and closes the card if you change the plan you are on.

Yes, but it is because Curve’s Metal card is world debit MasterCard ant (in theory) is better than regular debit MC. It is a cause of changing card in Curve after changing subscription

1 Like

Hello! I’m quite new here. I’ve been thinking about getting a new one and paying an extra £6/month (+£72/year). Standard Priority Pass membership is I believe £69/year and doesn’t include free lounge access (each visit costs £20). Factoring in the free visit for the Revolut offer, I’d say it’s better value than Standard Priority Pass if one makes four or fewer visits to the lounge a year. Just to clarify: is this lounge access once per year or once for the account holder’s entire membership?

1 Like

Of course they offer different benefits to different countries.

One per subscription period, e.g. 1 year.

It took 24 hours to invite not 5 but 10 friends/ relatives :)))

5 Likes

Congratulations. I guess my friends and family are overbanked. Enjoy!

Most of my friends already had one. At the beginning everyone I asked already had revolut and I was thinking I’m gonna need my dad’s cats :))

But with some targeting on the right people (people who travel) I succeeded.