Incoming transaction still not received

My wife should have received a large transaction yesterday through Revolut but as of this morning it still hasn’t arrived. It was sent from a UK bank and we are fairly sure she hasn’t been the victim of a scam, no odd card activity etc. and it’s unlikely the sender put in the wrong details as we confirmed it with them twice.

Been reading some horror stories about payments being withheld for months by Revolut and hoping, because it’s a larger transaction, this hasn’t happened to my wife. Revolut are telling us we have to wait until Monday (one business day) but the pessimist in me says it’s still unlikely to arrive!

Is it possible it’s been withheld as it’s an unusual transaction for her? She’s he ever received amounts above £1000 but this amount is more than that!

As you ca imagine it’s extremely frustrating as a chunk of this money is earmarked for holiday spends.

1 Like

Hello @daval1980 :wave:,

Welcome to our community. I can understand you are worried about this. To check why your transaction didn’t arrive, we need to investigate your account thoroughly. Kindly contact us through in-app chat so that we can check and help you further. :pray:

SG | Community Team