If I don’t have money on the currency I am spending...

I haven’t used much my Revolut card yet because I am confused about something.

If I travel abroad and I don’t have money on the currency I am spending, then Revolut automatically exchange it in a way that is cheapest for me and choose which of my existing balances will be cheapest to exchange into what I am spending?

1 Like

If I understood you well you want to know which balance will be chosen if you spend money.
There is in FAQ:
https://www.revolut.com/pl/faq?lang=en#what-balance-will-my-revolut-card-use-when-i-am-abroad

What balance will my Revolut card use when I am abroad?
Your Revolut account can hold a balance in GBP, EUR, USD, PLN, CHF, SEK, NOK, DKK, RON, AUD, NZD, SGD, HKD, ILS, TRY, AED, CAD, HUF, INR, JPY, MAD, QAR, THB, and ZAR. The card selects which balance to use in the following order:

*The local currency of the merchant/ATM e.g. if you are in Spain, it will deduct funds from your Euro balance.

*Your base currency - i.e. if you used a UK address to sign-up, your base currency will be GBP.

*Your largest balance.

You need to have sufficient funds in one single balance in order to make a transaction. If you don’t have enough funds in the balance of the local currency, it will default to your next largest balance and so on.

2 Likes

Thank you @redi that is more clear now.