How do I get copies of receipt images

I took a photo of a receipt directly from the app, but I can’t find a way to grab a copy now. I can get the PDF “statement” containing it but I just want the receipt itself.

2 Likes

Just download the PDF :slight_smile:

I use Android. A system folder is created. There you’ll find the files. If you’re on iOS, Apple thinks you do not need to see or access any system folders and you’ll have to find a way to the Library I guess. :smile:

My phone is heavily modified by the manufacturer (Xiaomi) away from stock Android so I don’t know how representative is what happens for me. I have a “Gallery” app which shows me all my photos and videos in a kind of hierarchical way. There is a folder called “Revolut” for :r: images in the same way as there is a folder called “WhatsApp” for Whatsap images.

I helped a friend once with an Apple phone and things looked pretty much the same i.e. they had a WhatsApp folder too.

In short this is a phone system software thing not a Revolut thing.

I don’t think so. There are two ways to attach a receipt on an iPhone:

Take the photo with the phone’s app and then pick it from within the Revolut app. In this case, the photo will be stored in the regular camera roll and then in addition within the Revolut app.

But if the photo is taken from within the Revolut app, the photo is not stored in the universal iOS camera roll but, as it seems to me, only in the file structure of the app. So the photo can’t be accessed outside of the app. Revolut also didn’t integrate the iOS share menu. That would allow to store the photo somewhere else, dropbox, individual folder on the phone, or it would also allow to send it as a text message, mail, you name it.

(Some apps store user files in an “external” folder that can be accessed via the files app. Pages, Keynote, and the Photo app are some examples. But the Revolut app doesn’t do this.)

That’s what I mean with system folder. It exists in iOS as well I guess but within any /Libraries/XYZ.

Tja as we say in Germany.

iOS allows both ways. Apps can store in “internal” folders that aren’t accessible with the iOS files app. But if an app developer decides, files can also be stored in accessible folders on the phone (or in the could with dropbox, icloud, … ). So Apple gives app developers a choice.

Access to the receipts on iOS really needs to be addressed by the team. It makes no sense being able to save receipts if you can’t later access, download or share them.