German IBANs till midyear

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the lithuanian IBAN. Sometimes a little IBAN discrimination here and there, but always cleared this up by explaining the legal offence of IBAN discrimination. I think a german IBAN will cause much more surveillance by the governments (Bafin, …, …). Hope I can choose to keep the lithuanian IBAN.

1 Like

Of course federal agencies have access to your Revolut account. It even can get seized. Do not forget, that you gave your tax-number to Revolut with your registration

2 Likes

Yes, but it might be a little more difficult for federal agencies to get access to a Revolut account. Most of german offices and authorities do not even know what Revolut is. The german Jobcenter recently sent the inspection service to me, because they thought I have my centre of life in Lithuania. :joy:
I explained them already in detail before, what a Revolut account is and I thought anything is done with that.

3 Likes

Can at least customers from Austria get a german IBAN as well? With the current speed and Revolut’s treatment of Austrian customers (e.g. savings, credit cards, etc.) I guess we get local IBANs in 100 years or never.

3 Likes

Hello everyone :wave: ,

We get that you’re all eagerly waiting for the German IBAN. Just wanted to let you know that we’ve passed on your feedback to our team and they’re looking into it as a top priority. We can’t give you an ETA at the moment for when it’ll be ready, but we’ll make sure to keep you updated as soon as it’s live. :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

heard that some customers already got a german IBAN

2 Likes

Will there be a migration process, that every German user gets a German IBAN?

3 Likes

Absolutely! When we launch the German IBAN, there will be a migration process in place. We’ll be sending out email communications to all eligible users, so keep an eye out for those updates!

SG | Community Team

4 Likes

Will there be a possibility to keep the Iithuanian IBAN or is every german User “forced” to get a german IBAN then?

2 Likes

Hello @Kamika242 :wave: ,

We understand that you’re curious about the consequences of not wanting to switch to a German IBAN. Don’t worry, we’ll provide all the information once the migration process starts. Thanks for your understanding and patience! :pray:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes