Fraudulent Transaction - Security Flaw in Disposable Cards?

This is idiotic. :r: just fix this mess! Why not create a new card when you actually need it (and it’s gone automatically after the transaction)?

5 Likes

Yes.

(And until Revolut changes this, I take idiotic steps and protect myself.)

1 Like

we too have deleted our virtual cards based on the advice here and will only restore them the next time we need to use them.
@Mariana_Rodrigues given the number of complaints about this feature and the excellent suggestion by @zapata above, is someone working on this at :r: towers?
It would be helpful to receive some reassurances from the centre.

1 Like

I personally use a separate normal virtual card that I just freeze after using.

For me that is a better approach because using disposable cards have some other issues as well.

2 Likes

Same here, exactly! Also Swiss Customer.
Support told me its approved by 3ds… but never ever!!! So it‘s definitely a other problem!

5 Likes

Yes, still pending as well…

Same happened to me yesterday evening. Disposable card was charged with USD 199.99, beneficiary is PUGB Mobile. I’m based in Switzerland, too.

I filled out the form to request a refund but was denied it, with exactly the same arguments as stated several times in this thread. They say since the card data is only accessible via the app (obviously wrong!), the transaction has to be initiated there. They also say that I was sent a request for confirmation via the app, and that I approved the transaction. All of this is NOT true, of course. For several days I neither initiated nor approved nor confirmed any transaction from my revolut account or revolut credit cards at all!

When talking to an agent, he fed me with pre-worded nonsense, often using the exact same text several times, and never even reading my replies. He promised to connect me with a superior but never did. He said that I authorized the transaction. He also claimed that I confirmed the transaction. These are at least three outright lies that he tried to feed me! Revolut does not only have serious security issues with their cards, but they also employ liars as customer agents.

My transaction is pending until November 5, so let’s see what happens. I’ll report the issue to Swiss national media now, and will also contact the banking authorities if I don’t get a refund shortly after November 6…

6 Likes

Same for me. My disposable card (I have never used it nor have I ever created this card) just has been charged with 99.99 USD … and Revolut is just telling me that it’s my problem. Therefore, I will close now the account and even close my business account … If a company is not able to protect their customers by BIN attacks, it’s time to say goodbye …

5 Likes

As far as I remember - the disposable cards are generated automatically when you open your account. You need to deactivate terminate them if you do not want them.

Are you also a Swiss customer?

How can i deactivate the card? can‘t find it. i can only deactivate the physical & normal virtual cards…

anyway, Revolut must act imperatively. The current way of dealing with customers is unacceptable.

2 Likes

Just terminate it. That should work.

it generates me just another card… so for me it won’t work.

1 Like

Just terminate it and do not click on “Show details” anymore.

3 Likes

Hopefully some publicity will help to push this in the right direction… thank you

1 Like

Same here
Swiss customer PUBG mobile 99.99$ today
It is writen “in waiting” i’ve made réclamation to revolut with the formular.
It was also made with disposal card.

4 Likes

Switzerland is not EU, so Revolut possibly treats issued cards separately from EU ones . These hackers brute force a given block of card numbers that usually have the same first 6 numbers. Is it possible you guys all have disposable card numbers in the same range?

Same here, swiss customer 99francs transaction to pubg mobile with a one time card number.

4 Likes

Same here… I am living in Switzerland and 99.99$ were charged from PUBG Mobile from my virtual disposable card. The Revolut support told me to file a chargeback form when the amount was pending.

Revolut has either a security breach or a serious problem with their virtual disposable cards and seems not to worry about. The stories in this thread are just shocking.

4 Likes

Il m’est arrivé la même chose avec le commerçant Pubg Mobile pour la somme de US$ 199,99 ! Également avec une carte éphémère. Bien évidemment Revolut m’a tenu pour responsable de cette transaction. Je ne vais pas en rester là……

2 Likes

Hi @Nic66 bienvenue.
Désolé d’entendre votre problème
Êtes-vous résident français ou suisse svp.