Fraud SMS from revolutmobi.com

Don’t worry - I could see it was a scam immediately. You’d not contact me that way and the URL is wrong too.

I had one last week took photo of it and passed on to Revolut , so they knew it was going around

Since when does Revolut call it’s customers? :thinking:

Hi Gaia, glad you got it sorted. I’m still locked out! Chris

I have received a text message from the number 111 11, saying 'From Revolut: Your account has been temporarily locked, please verify your identity at the following URL: https://app-verify.co

So be careful …

Ah @Georgina7 , I received exactly the same spam text message as you at 10.11am this morning (Thursday). I don’t use text messages much and don’t use Revolut that much either so for me to get such a targeted spam text message feels very “on the nose”.

Apart from asking for your Revolut phone number and access code, it then asks for your name, address, date of birth and then your credit/debit details. It then sends all this data (using React and jQuery) to https://app-verify.co/api/card_result and then asks for the last amount topped up, last transfer amount, CVV and make/model of phone used. It then sends this to …/api/account_result . It then asks for your email address and email password (which is posted to …/api/email_result ) before it finally redirects to the main (real) Revolut homepage.

So if you were to fill in the form with real information, they’ll not only have enough information to login to Revolut as you and spend on your credit/debit card, but also access your email account AND probably have enough information to be able to pretend to be you when they contact Revolut to change the security information and take over your account.

app-verify.co currently has the IP address 111.90.158.28 which is registered to Shinjiru Technology Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I received this text message to a Giffgaff (o2) mobile number (but the number has been ported between many providers over the years) and it was received at my Revolut registered number.

2 Likes

very nice analysis . hope it helps to block certain services, ip numbers.

Hi, I keep getting emails to verify my account with this Message:
This is a friendly reminder that you still need to submit a new piece of ID for your Revolut account. As we’ve mentioned, we need to do this because over time regulations change, and documentation expires.

Please submit an ID in the form of a valid passport or national identity card.
Is this a fake message or a scam? My gut instinct is to ignore it but I’m afraid I might get locked out of my account if I don’t provide the proof.
Many thanks

Probably scam! Is there a link in the e-mail? What is the URL? Don’t enter any data there! And why don’t you ask :r: via chat function in the app? You have to type live agent to skip Rita and talk to a real agent. If they don’t reply try to contact :r: via twitter/facebook.

https://twitter.com/revolutapp/
https://www.facebook.com/revolutapp/

1 Like

Thank you so much! I resisted giving any info & I will let Revolut know.
I appreciate your time,
M

1 Like

Try ask the support in the app

1 Like

Hm, honestly, this does sound like the authentic email they are sending about this. This or an almost identical email is sent when a passport expires, or a former sort of ID won’t be sufficient due to a regulatory change, for example related to Brexit.

It’s perfect that you’re vigilant. When in doubt about authenticity, it’s best to ask in app support before sending anything.

This is always what to do I believe, I do it with my banks IRL. If they call me, I tell them I’ll call them back! (unless it’s a scheduled call)

Many thanks Frank, I will ask Revolut if I can find it in the app!!
I’m not very tech savvy!

Hi
I have the same issue. Sms from 11111 and now I can’t access my account.
Who can help me fix this please?

I’ve been getting weekly scam texts supposedly from Revolut. I did report them to Revolut but don’t bother any more.
Strange why I’m getting them, where did the scammers get my mobile number from?? Really strange, if I didn’t know better you would think the scammers got the info from Revolut as I don’t get these kind of messages from my other banks

I’ve had a couple too and was just wondering if other people had. Have just deleted them anyway

I have just received a SMS from revolutlogin.net.

Have checked it out and it is a phishing site. It will ask you for your pin code, then to upload 2 photos, your address details, account usage and then it will ask for your credit card details.

Be CAREFUL. REVOLUTLOGIN.NET IS A SCAM!!!

Warning. I’ve just had a text from ‘Revolut’ saying my account is frozen and to avoid restrictions to click a link to verify my email. Clearly this is a scam. So watch out.
BTW Is there a better topic to post warnings like this?