Exchange amount limit

I’m looking to send near £6000 from my UK £ account to my euro account but the app tells me I have a £1000 monthly limit on currency exchange. On the web site FAQs, it says there is no amount limit but a limit on number of transactions per month. Which is it?

I must admit though that I do find the Revolut app confusing, so maybe I’m looking in the wrong place. Ideally, I’d love to be able just to key in the amount I want to send and see a complete breakdown (exchange rate, fees, etc) and the amount I’ll receive BEFORE I click any ‘send’ button. I can’t find such a screen but, as I as, I don’t find the app at all intuitive.

1 Like

„Limit“ means that Revolut charges you a conversion fee for conversions over 1000 GBP.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @Frank, understood.

Now I need to ascertain exactly how to do this. It seems to be 2 steps; convert then transfer. I’ve done it before but I’ll be darned if I can remember. I get the impression the money actually needs to be there, in my (Revolut £) account, before I can see how much I’ll get in euros.

1 Like

You can either convert first and then transfer or transfer directly with auto exchanging during that process. Doesn’t matter. Same rates and fees apply.

1 Like

Hello @rastadog :wave:,

Welcome back to our community. I can understand your confusion regarding the limit. Let me clarify this for you. :hugs:

You can make 100 exchanges (including auto-exchanges) within 24 hours. There’s no maximum amount you can exchange from one fiat currency to another per single transaction (applicable for all plans).

A fair usage limit applies on a rolling 30-day basis for Standard and Plus customers. Once reached, fees will apply. The amount you are seeing in the app that’s according to the plan you’re in. Please check this link to better understanding - Comparing Plans :slightly_smiling_face:

For more information about exchange fees check this FAQ. :arrow_backward:

You can see all relevant fees in-app:

• Before making an exchange: You’ll be able to review any applicable fees for the exchange before completing it.
  • After the exchange is completed: In the transaction history, by selecting the exchange you want to check the fees.

Additionally, you can see the fee of every card payment or ATM withdrawal that had a currency exchange. In the transaction list, select the payment or withdrawal you wish to check, if there was a fee charged, it’ll be shown on one of the exchange actions. Hope this helps. :sunflower:

Thank you for explaining everything to him @Frank. :star:

SG | Community Team

Isn’t the monthly limit 1000€ rather than £’s? At the current rate, one can only exchange ~£860

1 Like

The limit is always in your base currency. For UK customers, it’s 1000 GBP.

1 Like