Downgrade Metal to Premium directly

Metal is great but after a year and a half, I realise it doesn’t justify the cost vs Premium.
So I want to automatically downgrade from Metal to Premium (both yearly) at next renewal. Customer support says it’s not possible currently. Only Metal to Standard then subscribe to Premium.

Can you please enable this flexibility? Thank you.

3 Likes

This is an online community of users not the Dev Team or the CEO’s inbox. :v:t3:

Isn’t that the point of having an Ideas section in a community?
I thought it was worth sharing this idea that will help improve the customer experience in regards to plan downgrade!

4 Likes

I think that your suggestion is very sensible and is posted in the logical place

4 Likes

I also think this is good idea. Do you know if after downgrading from Metal to Normal/Premium the Metal cards still work?

Your Metal card will work as normal. As long as you don’t remove it in your Revolut cards section, it’ll be fine.

3 Likes

Indeed it hurts CX if you are unable to upgrade or downgrade to the immediate next level of membership.

1 Like

but isn’t you downgrading to standard and then upgrading to premium just 2 clicks of your thumbs more than hypothetically going directly from metal to premium ?? It is also instant… can’t really see the problem here…

The problem is when downgrading/upgrading you are signing off a contract for a new year. While downgrading only (or changing from a year plan to monthly plan) would be not.

Imo a HUGE difference.

Yes, but since all subscriptions are yearly contracts, that’s the situation we’re facing.

When you’re on the monthly plan, downgrading to Standard comes with a break fee.

You can do this: downgrade from Metal to Standard, and pay the break fee. Then subscribe to Premium. And when you want to cancel that early as well, you can do that again and pay the break fee.

So you’re not really locked in more or less after downgrading compared to someone who subscribes for the first time.

If you’re on the yearly plan, the deal is that you get a discount but you’re subscribing for the full year without an option do downgrade (trial period aside).

1 Like