Disposable credit card numbers launching?

Hmmm let me have a look with the team :slightly_frowning_face::triumph::sob:

Our processor is having some issues, but we’re working on a fix and expect to have this resolved very shortly - sorry for the delay!

The thread has been unsilenced lol

Just tried in the android app. It said to create a virtual card for free (no option for disposable) and it charged me €6 :scream:

Still gives me the option to create a “free” card ??

@anon33247966 can you cancel this card for me and refund the €6?

Have you updated app?? :slight_smile:
Did same thing,but since i’m premium there was no charge :slight_smile:

I see now it’s a premimum only feature.

Still, it says I can have a free virtual card but in fact charges me.

True :smiley:
Speak with @anon33247966 he might sort you out :+1:

Update: The issue has been fixed. :slight_smile: Let me know if you experience any issue. :muscle:

1 Like

Seems like there is no update for Android yet. Not in Norway at least.

What happens with refunds? As the original card does not exist after the payment - would the money still find its way back to my account?

Andreas stated in another thread that refunds are still processed and processed correctly. There is a transaction id which is tied to what card was used and they will certainly have a record previous cards.

6 Likes

Here you go.

3 Likes

@anon33247966 i am a little bit confused. I thought the card would refresh after a transaction. Instead i am told i “auto deletes” and we have to add a new one manually ?

2 Likes

Yes it’s working :). Just created my disposable virtual card.

Hmm. I also was under the impression that it should refresh its number automatically after use. Having to manually generate a new card each time seems counter intuitive.

Also, presumably these disposable cards won’t work when online traders take a micro charge as pre authorisation to ensure card detail integrity. As then the card will self destruct :).

It would be cool if one could copy and paste the card details to insert into online payment pages etc. Especially as the number will keep changing.

I’m having iOs and not received any update for the app and I cannot find an option for a disposable virtual card (i’m premium user).

Maybe it takes some time until the update has propagated to every app store location

If you use a recurring service (e.g. Uber, Netflix, …) or another financial institution (e.g. TW) that do pre-authorisation, probably not a good idea to use disposable cards with them.

Depends whether your country’s Apple App Store has released Revolut 4.15 yet. Which country App Store is your iOS device linked to? I upgraded my Revolut app from the UK store.