Deficiencies in Apple Pay

Well that was your statement. In case of my two Standard Revolut cards I can easily see the difference. But yeah, I get your point. I just don’t wear myself out over it… :yum:

Taking one sentence out of context is absurd. I already pointed out myself in my posts that both cards have different sized logos as well. That makes them also “identifiable”. It’s not about telling the user that cards have different colors, it’s about making it easy to chose between the brands. So being able to spot the difference is not the interesting part here. Differentiating them, based on their brands is. Words in consecutive sentences sometimes relate to each other, forming meaning beyond their literal connotation.

Strange. My cards have the same logo size but a slightly different color scheme… :thinking:

Well whatever. :smile:

Visa seems to have a smaller logo. All three Visa, Maestro, Mastercard seem to have different hues.

Dunno if we’re making a list of bugs with Apple Pay here but if we are I’ll add what I’ve noticed:
Both my Premium Mastercard and my basic Visa card appear in the Wallet as basic cards so no way to distinguish between them - logo is hidden as pointed out above.
Have seen in the loonnnggg Apple Pay thread that others have the correct image for their cards.
I’ve removed both and tried adding them back in through the Revolut app and same thing happens

1 Like

Yes, we are. Thanks for your post. I’m sure it will help Arthur and his colleagues if we keep all the bugs and deficiencies in one thread.

I just got the New Rainbow card but when I set it up on apple it just shows black, which is a shame.
I’ve tried to delete it and put back on with no luck. So dissapointed :pensive:

Seems like there is a new bug adding Mastercards to Apple Pay (unless it just affects me :disappointed:)
Adding any physical or virtual Mastercard shows up as an original-design standard card in Apple Wallet. Visa cards don’t appear to be affected.

Reported through to product team.
Minor inconvenience really, but it’s just bugging my OCD looking at it :joy:

1 Like

It’s definitely not just you! I created a topic regarding this under the Bugs section: Issue In The Integration With Apple/GooglePay

Unfortunately, no one has engaged so far.

Reported through to product team.

How did you do that? I tried the in-app support and they told me it’s not Revolut fault and refused to report it higher up than the call centre…

Hi,
I am living in Europe.
How to use USD account on Revolut to pay Apps in USD instead of automatically debiting in Euros ?
Thx

1 Like

First, make sure the merchant charges you in USD. If the USD wallet holds sufficient funds, it should be paid from there. Check FAQs for further information, and talk to support if it doesn’t work like it’s supposed to.

2 Likes

@Jeanmaicb Hello :wave: We’re delighted to welcome you to our community! :hugs:

Please check this FAQ link for all the information relating to your question. Hope this helps. :sunflower:

@Frank Thank you for helping out. :blush:

Veda | Community team

Yes the merchant invoices in USD… but every time it converts in Euros my payment…
Despite opening USD account and funded.
I tried FAQs. But not found the solution.
I also tried to call the support but only automatic English answering machine…
How I can have someone to help ?
Thanks

@Jeanmaicb I understand how frustrating it can be to not find a solution in the FAQs and to only get an automated response from the support line. :frowning_face:

Please contact us through this link on social media so that we can resolve your issue immediately.

Veda | Community team

Here’s what I would do: tap on the transaction, scroll down, tap „report an issue“.

Hi, I am now asking to be connected to social Facebook French community. Someone to accept me please ?

About the virtual card PIN in Brazil, what happens here is some old PoS systems automatically requires a PIN depending of the value, modern systems are 100% online and only requires PIN if the card issuer demands it.

Usually this happens on MasterCard because when using Apple Pay it identifies the card was having a PIN and the old PoS software sees a card with a PIN so it required a PIN even before contacting the card issuer.

On my Brazilian Visa credit card when using Apple Pay it identifies the card was not having a PIN (all cards have PIN here) so old systems just required a signature :rofl:

Last time it happens was funny because the young clerk on the supermarket never saw a card requiring a signature instead of just showing “approved by the issuer” on the receipt :receipt:

Beside MasterCard/Visa/Amex/Discover no longer requiring signatures to validate transactions, old systems still shows it on their receipt and since we have chip&PIN for like 20 years, nobody here remembers that old signature thing.

@Eudes Hello :wave: It sounds like you had a humorous experience with the old PoS systems and the Visa credit card via Apple Pay in Brazil. Thanks for sharing this entertaining anecdote! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Veda | Community team

Yes I do, using Apple Pay since launch day in 2018 here in Brazil, for a time I had provide training to clerks on several stores about how to use contactless, it wasn’t a thing in Brazil before Apple Pay.

Only higher tier Bradesco cards had contactless previous to that, in 2012 I think, but since they didn’t told anyone about it, almost nobody used contactless and in 2014 or 2016 they removed contactless from their cards because was more expensive to produce cards with a technology that nobody use :man_facepalming:t2:

Later in 2016 we got Samsung pay but most payments where via MST so a lot of terminals with contactless still had it disabled by default, google pay launched just before Apple Pay but not make much waves on the Brazilian payment ocean because most android phones sold in Brazil didn’t had NFC, and the ones who had it was Samsung.

Everything changed on Apple Pay arrival, after that all PoS providers started to update their mobile terminals (most common terminals here, because we have a huge competition and is common to stores and even persons to have multiple PoS terminals, some distribute each terminal for where they have lower fees, some are better for debit, other for credit and here we do a lot of installments payments on credit card so a small store may have a PoS just for those if someone offers lower fees).

1 Like