Dark Mode in Revolut App

Plus one for this idea!

Did anyone ever work out a fitting methodology/prioritization for their soon™-staging? Like:

EDIT: This be the post that explains Revolutspeak:

1st step: Soon (in the next 5 years)
2nd step: Coming soon™ (a couple of years from now)
Possible variation: “Keep and eye out for news about it”

3rd step: Good things coming soon™ (a year from now)
Possible variation: “Stay tuned”

4th step: We’re announcing XX, coming soon (within this or the next Quarters)
5th. Announcing today/XX is now available (tomorrow or within max 14 days).

Watering down on original promise: Something is coming … soon™ (perhaps in 6-8 months’ time)

Will never happen: As soon as possible™

7 Likes

There is none. There is only anarchy in their PR department :laughing:

1 Like

WhatsApp made it to dark mode, I don’t think it’s too difficult to do it too. :joy:

2 Likes

Hopefully there’s an option for a proper true black AMOLED mode too

2 Likes

Just letting you know that one other app (not fintech, but finance related) recently released dark theme and I complained to them that it was “not dark enough” and asked to make true black theme. Guess what… after 1 (!) day it was implemented in new update.
So, I dont know why its taking years for Revolut :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

2 Likes

I guess whatsapp is a good example :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

At least I got nice dark looking revolut icon now in my phone (bought cool dark themed icons… there is a lot of them, you can naturally spend hours choosing icons individually now from that huge selection). :rofl:

r-dark <-- thats how it looks

Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 17.22.37

3 Likes

Can we get the full screenshot?

I am also waiting for dark mode. This white color is killing my eyes.

1 Like

Dark mode on the forums would be appreciated too, I think :slight_smile: but yeah, I heard theyre actively working on dark mode

3 Likes

Even my main bank working on dark mode (its out already for ios). Let’s see who will release it first for android - R or bank. I think I already know the answer.

3 Likes

Doubt it, Revolut support doesn’t have a clue about dark mode, most of them just copy and paste stock answers. If you have Android 10, enable the setting override dark mode via Developer Options and it looks half way decent. That said, it is slightly buggy.

That option invert other apps colors to something that can’t be used and you need to turn it off
Unless … you use only one app on your phone, revolut

Those who use new samsung phones can probably also force system wide dark mode, not sure how it looks on revolut app.

In my opinion using this isn’t comfortable.

Community could unite and send “old school mail” (over post) to R HQ with demand for true black mode. When they receive 10 000 mails, perhaps that would make a difference. :bomb:

Twitter have confirmed they’re working on it currently, can we leave the thread to sit now? Let’s come back in 3 months and complain when it isn’t done, rather than moan about something actively being worked on

2 Likes

That’s actually nice! It’d also save a slight amount of battery with OLED screens