Change country of residence

I used to live in UK where I got my Revolut account and was very pleased with the service. Then I moved to Hong Kong but still willing to use Revolut here. The problem arises when I updated my personal details including new address in my bank. Revolut does not allow you to change the country of residence which leads to top up rejections with my bank card due to address verification failure. Now I have to use either bank transfer or Android pay which is not very convenient for me, especially when it’s urgent or I need to top up more than £500. Is there any plan to add the possibility to update users address including his country for those who left UK for good but still in love with Revolut?

1 Like

Do you still have a legal residence (registration) in the UK? If not you might have to close your account I am afraid. Revolut is only available to people with a valid residency in the EEA at the moment (Hong Kong should be on the list in the future too, but isnt right now).

I have the same problem. I moved from Singapore to Germany. My Revolut registered address is still the one in Singapore. How can I change the address?

P.S. not sure why there is a live-chat feature on the app when you can never use it because of high volume.

Hi, I’ve recently changed my country of resindence from Ireland to the USA since I’m no loger living in the EEA I closed my account.

But now I’m unable to create a new US based account the app keeps telling me my email is already in use by the account I’ve already closed.

What’s more I’m unable to login to the old account on which means I can’t ask for assistance with support in the app.

1 Like

Please help me log in without SIM card

Was anybody able to get a “definite” answer about the changing country of residence (both countries where R is present)

I depends on where you’re moving and if you need to change the legal entity providing Revolut’s service.

The easiest way is to use an alternative email address for registration and then talk to support to change it back for you. Also, before moving, just discuss it with support.

1 Like