CH IBAN Swiss CHF Switzerland

Hi everyone, I tried to wire 2 times from my Swiss bank acocunt in CHF to my Swiss account in Revolut using the CH IBAN. The 2 times, the transfer didn’t go thrhough. Did I make something wrong? Revolut FAQ mentions swift, but why is there is a CH IBAN?

Did you get an answer to your question?

This IBAN is a collection account in the name of Revolut which requires you to have your account information in the payment reference field.

So recipient is Revolut, the reference identifies you as recipient within Revolut. The reference must match what the app shows you exactly.

Ok, thanks for the clarification as I initially thought this was my IBAN but your response makes sense. Will try again and will let you know if it does not work.

For a while, CS system doesn’t allow CRLF in reference field.
I have initiated a transfer yesterday, and got back the payment today.
Until now I have entered data with spaces instead of CRLF, was working on 26th Oct last time.
I have retried today again, will see if it’s working or not.
If not then how can I send money without CRLF but correctly?

I always just use commas to separate the three fields, never used line breaks.
But my last transfer is two month ago.

I have been transferring from my Swiss bank account to my Revolut Debit card regularly using commas to separate the 3 Reference items.

However this week, I attempted to transfer twice CHF 200, and they both got reversed.

Does anybody know if Revolut has raised the minimal amount required for a transfer to be successful?

Anyway, I have chatted with Revolut, and they said, Swiss regulations are changed and they got an additional line as reference which prevent them to process topping up.
I am trying to find out a way for a workaround.

Seems Revolut should modify their processing routine, because if it’s Swiss regulation then all banks will send transfer like this.
For me, at this point Revolut is totally useless. I go back to free package until it’s not solved.

Hi everybody!

I work for a Swiss company, live in France, and have been receiving my CHF salary to my Revolut CHF account until this moment. Before the IBAN change from UK to LT, I received my CHF salary in CHF as expected. After I updated my IBAN, the money started appearing in EURs, and some amount of money was missing.

Revolut keeps on telling me in the customer service that they are not to blame, that my employer’s bank must have done this. Revolut’s point of view is that they do not make the conversion for me, which I believe, and that they received the payment in euros to begin with.

However, my employer claims they always send everything in CHF. It then seems that it is the employer’s bank that doesn’t recognize my account as CHF anymore. I suspect this might have something to do with the IBAN change. Does anybody have similar experiences?

Smells like the money now is sent by SEPA, which includes automatic conversion to EUR… (LT is EUR-area == SEPS, UK was GPB == SWIFT)

Check with your employer if it is a SEPA-transfer. IF yes and it can’t be changed - get yourself an account in Switzerland (with small fees), get your salary there, and transfer it to the Revolut-account yourself - causes less headaches…

1 Like

Thank you, I will ask them! I am somewhat perplexed as I made a check with my friend who has a CH UBS account, and when he sent me CHF, it arrived correctly.

The weirdest thing happened. Today my salary arrived correctly in CHF.

@HKJ Hi HKJ, I got the same problem, how do you do? Can you detail it? Thanks

Sorry for the delayed answer! It seems to me that the problem just disappeared. I have no idea what happened.

Hi HKJ,
You describe what I want to know. I am due to receive my Swiss Frank pension and live in the Euro zone. I have just opened a Revolute Euro Account with an LT IBAN. I have added a CHF account to my Euro account. When I ask the Swiss Government to send my pension (I want to keep it in CHF) Do I just ask them to tranfer it to my account with the LT … IBAN and it should arrive automatically in CHF in my revolut act?

I’m not sure 100% but I believe that the LT IBAN accepts only EUR transfers. You should go in your CHF “account”, click on the “i” to see the information about it, and then there you should see the correct IBAN to receive CHF transfers.

LT IBANs are multi currency IBANs. I am assuming that’s true for most customers in Europe.

Thanks for your help. Really appreciated.