card in wrong currency?

hello
my revolut card is in euros. I transfer money to my student daughter every week. In the past few weeks, I get a message saying ‘we see your account is in sterling’. I’ve never had a sterling bank account. Can’t find a way to fix this.

1 Like

Your card is a multi currency card. Cards are not „in euros“ or any other currency. You can pay in almost any currency with it.

The issue you seem to describe is that the merchant recognises your card as potentially issued by a UK issuer and suggests that you may have a GBP account connected to it. But there’s no technical way for any merchant to find out in which currency your account balance is. The merchant is just guessing.

This is not a problem you can solve in your Revolut app settings. You can only change the currency for the payment on the side of the merchant or the service you’re using to transfer money to your daughter. With PayPal for example, there’s an option to change the standard currency that PayPal will charge your card with.

1 Like

Hello @marisa2 :wave:,

Welcome to our community. I hope Frank’s reply will give you clarity. I would request you to kindly contact the merchant directly regarding this to understand the problem. :hugs:

Thanks for the help @Frank. :star:

SG | Community Team

Ok. Thanks for your reply Frank.

2 Likes

Keep exploring our community @marisa2. :r:

SG | Community Team