Cant link my card to Revolut account

Hello,
I have the same problem, I have an old (but not expired) unused card and I can not link it to my accont. What should I do?
Thanks!
Monika

I have the same problem. My card is still valid, until 12/24, but I canā€™t link it to my app.

I cannot link my card either. Valid until 08/23. I have a new phone by phone number is the same and have verified account. It says ā€œcannot link cardā€. Any help would be appreciated.

Need help with linking my debit card to the app. Iā€™ve updated the card with a new one, now Revolut says to check my bank statement and look for a 4 digit code like revolut-1234 but there IS NO 4 DIGIT CODE there is Revolut*25 DDAPRE (6 digits) where is the code?

I also canā€™t link my card. I have only one account. I have transferred money onto the account.
ā€œThis card canā€™t be linkedā€.
Please help, I need to use the card on a trip, and canā€™t wait for a new one to be sent.

Hello everyone :wave: I am sorry you are facing this issue :frowning_face:

Please follow the below steps to link your card :

Go to the Cards section of the app ā†’ tap on ā€˜+ Add cardā€™ ā†’ choose ā€˜Already got a card? Link it hereā€™ ā†’ Enter the card number (you can make a photo) and press Link card.

If you are facing any issues while linking your card it could be because of the following reasons:
Card number is incorrect
Card has been terminated
Offline card was not activated
Bank might not be able to recognize Revolut

Hope this helps. For any further concerns please feel free to contact us :smiling_face:

Veda | Community Team