Can someone without a revolut account send me money

That’s right, the sort code is already a sufficient identifier.

If you need to know the Revolut entity that is responsible for the service you’re using, go to your profile page, scroll all the way down. You will find the specific name of the company there.

Hi I’m new to Revolut. I have transferred money to a Revolut IBAN from my local bank months ago. Unfortunately the owner of the Revolut account turned out to be a scammer. The crime is reported to the police, but they aren’t starting an investigation (yet). I have already contacted my local bank, but they need a police lead before they take actions. Is there anything that Revolut can do? I have tried contacting Revolut in the app.

Revolut payments UAB

Hello ,
Can I receive 500.000 euro wire transfer on my revolut account ?

you might have to explain the origin of the funds to satisfy money laundering requirements… best raise a ticket in-app to seek appropriate advice.

I have a question. If I sent money from a RON card to the IBAN of the EUR card on Revolut, did I make a mistake? They haven’t arrived yet.

Oof, guessing I misunderstood this or they changed it since I last saw.

From Revolut Help Centre:

For people without the app, we’ll create a payment link that you can share with them so that they can pay you back by debit or credit card in AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, JPY, NOK, PLN, RON, SEK, USD, ZAR.

(see reference here)