BRL (Brazilian Real) no longer available?

Apparently BRL has been removed from supported currencies…

Hi @giogio,

BRL is still a supported currency! You can’t yet exchange or receive BRL within the app, but you can load card in EUR, USD, GBP, PLN, CHF, SEK, NOK, DKK, RON, AUD, NZD, SGD, HKD, ILS, TRY, AED, CAD, HUF, INR, JPY, MAD, MXN, QAR, THB and ZAR & spend in Brazil with the interbank exchange rate :slight_smile:

Ah, ok.
And the instant rate is what you see at the bottom of the homepage, under “Business”?
Now BRL3,921 for €1.
Even better than what I see at:
https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter
that should rely on the interbank exchange rate.

You can check the live exchange rates for our supported currencies by clicking ‘Exchange’ then the drop down arrow at the top.

1 Like

Hi Andreas,

So now I have money on my app in EUR, I can use it directly in Brazil without fee?

Thanks =)
Kr, Audrey

yes, that’s what I did.
Standard limitations on zero fees cash withdrawals still apply…

Hello,
I’m French and new on resolut community. :slight_smile:
Travelling to Brazil in 3 weeks, can you confirm that Revolut works overthere?
Thanks for your help!

It worked great last winter, both for cash withdrawal and spending, excellent rates.
Obviously do NOT accept the rate offered by the BR bank…

My girlfriend used Revolut quite a lot in Brazil in both January 2017 and March 2018. It worked fine. Between the first trip and the second trip, we noticed that a lot of ATMs have started charging for withdrawals, the notable exception being Itaú, the largest bank in Brazil. There is no longer even one free ATM at Rio airport.

She avoided using Revolut for BRL transactions at the weekend because of the 1% markup, and we instead used my fee-free UK credit cards.

I am planning to travel to Brazil, checking the app right now and can’t see the Brazilian Reais in the drop down menu…
Has it disappeared?

I’m brazilian and when I visit Revolut’s home page, I see “Revolut has landed in Brazil”, the astronaut holding the brazilian flag, and a button to “Get early access”. But the email I get is the astronaut holding the USA flag, and after I click “Get the app” and fill my phone number, the website says Revolut is not available in Brazil. Signing up on the app says the same thing. Is this all a bug?

@tokor13 and @joaomarceloods - Revolut is not available to residents of Brazil and BRL is not available as a balance currency.

I explain the reason for the latter here:

Revolut can be used in Brazil by EEA residents. Any BRL transactions will be debited from balances in the 25 supported balance currencies with a 1% markup at weekends.

1 Like