Bitcoin support

we might see this implemented sometime after 1st of August since that date is locked in for hard fork of BTC

Hi, Iā€™ve just tried to send money to Kraken intending to use EUR but it said the receiving bank (Fidor) is not allowed. Is this a bug, to do with Kraken or Fidor bank?

Iā€™m with you on this one !!

Iā€™ve done ā‚¬1 and a ā‚¬25 to kraken. Both should have worked. Neither have been returned. And way out heir 5 working day time limit ;-(

Coinbase works however for larger transactions than ā‚¬25 not sure how much larger but a ā‚¬200 worked ā‚¬1 and ā‚¬25 returned

Please donā€™t get distracted by adding Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.

These things are a massive tarpit in terms of the effort required to support them, their user base is vocal but incredibly tiny & the volatility of the instrument is horrendous.

The current product is working well - please donā€™t destabilise it to satisfy a very niche minority.

2 Likes

cryptocurrencies are the future of banking. better get on the train now

The number of merchants that accept Bitcoin has, to best estimate, actually fallen year-on-year for the last 2 years.

Not exactly a particular compelling use case for a product like Revolut to support.

1 Like

proof pleaseā€¦

show us a study that supports your claim

Itā€™s easy enough to Google for if you were actually interested, but that isnā€™t the point, as we both know.

The burden of proof is yours, as you are the one making extraordinary claims (ā€˜cryptocurrencies are the future of bankingā€™).

To which thereā€™s the classic retort: ā€œWhat can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidenceā€.

But thank you - this whole thread really has rather proved my point. Bitcoin is a terrible time sink for a product team - as the entire user base for it tends to be combative, thin-skinned and prone to vague emotive statements (ā€˜future of banking!ā€™, ā€˜coins worth a million $ā€™, etc, etc) whilst being unable to demonstrate any actual utility for BTC that would benefit ordinary users.

2 Likes

maybe you should put your head back in the sand and stop trolling

In what way is my opinion: ā€œA great product should not be distracted by a toxic niche use case that has no tangible benefit to the majority of usersā€ trolling?

2 Likes

I would tell you, but I know I should not feed the troll.

I disagree. I am a long time Revolut user and the main thing this app misses now is Crypto support. There are cards out there starting to support Crypto usage and allowing us a bridge to the fiat world, but Iā€™m holding off on ordering them because I hope Revolut will do it all.
Iā€™m not sure about your ā€˜effortā€™ comment since I donā€™t code APIs, though my company is currently integrating to Bitpay and it doesnā€™t seem so bad.
Your comment about volatilty is moot and shows you donā€™t really understand the crypto space (or how exchange rates work).
And thereā€™s no reason to imagine that a crypto integration would destabilise the productā€¦unless Iā€™ve missed something?

72 posts in the thread laterā€¦

Itā€™s nearly here.

https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/907195515787497472

Untitled

5 Likes

Well, wellā€¦

2 Likes

+1 This is a great idea! Iā€™d like to be able to buy bitcoins with my Revolut account.

3 Likes

So, I see the converter for BTC and LTC.
Where can I submit bugs?
Like;
1 - More decimal places needed for Crypto. Ideally 8. I canā€™t enter a BTC amount like 0.00038111 (=$1.49). once I enter 0.00 then it defaults back to an integer on the next number.
2 - When entering a number in the converter on android, I select number. Once I enter a number the keyboard defaults back to qwerty. Make sure to call the number keypad when a user selects the number entry field.

And Aliens have landed several times on earth.

Proofs?

ā€œJust googleā€.

I am sorry to say, if you want a decision about facts, you need to show facts. ā€œJust googleā€ is not a fact.

Now, you decided somehow the burden of proofs is on people saying ā€œcryptocurrency is the future of bankingā€: ok.

Here you go:

Please clarify. Two dollars per month for what, and paid to whom? And do you mean US dollars, or one of the dozen other countries that use that word?

The headline says ā€œintegratesā€ which is ambiguous. Are they in the process, or is it already there?

Iā€™m considering an account, but want to go through the well-written but extremely long FAQ to ensure I know what Iā€™m doing.

Is there an approximate release date already? Excited for this feature!