Bitcoin support

Edward, now that personal EUR accounts are available, how do you recommend transferring to coinbase? I’ve tried adding their account as a beneficiary in Revolut, but it was rejected. Please describe how you think it will work…
Ideally, your business needs to allow me to move and pay any currency around the world (almost) instantly. It’s currently far from this.
Also please confirm when AUD will be available… There needs to be a timeline.

I don’t understand why Revolut can’t partner with someone like BitPay to allow Bitcoin deposits for top-ups.

Going one further, the BizDev people at Revolut should think about allowing some kind of p2p functionality or exchange and take a little piece of the Bitcoin exchange market.

Can you please provide any information that unique EUR accounts became available? @LvL21

1 Like

I can confirm that topping up to an Uphold (formerly Bitreserve) account (use the EUR card) works with SEPA payments in Revolut. You can then purchase BTC, LTC or ETH from your EUR card.

Max, are you in any way associated with uphold? I’ve opened an account and unless I’m using it incorrectly (the help process is even more useless than Revolut’s) is restricted from doing anything that’s not in USD currently… Am closing my account as soon as I can work out how to do it (no easy button of course!)…

Hi @LvL21, I’m not sure if I understand your problems with Uphold correctly, but topping up to different “money cards” - via Bitcoin or bank transfers is possible. Go to settings, add bank account or credit card. Then go to the currency card you would like to top up, choose “add funds” and select your method of choice.

I am not associated with Uphold but have used them for 2 years. Just go to “add card/currency”, select a EUR one, give it a name and then you can follow the instructions that @Frank above mentions.

Many thanks @Max and @Frank, I must admit I didn’t bother loading a bank account as when I read it takes 7 days to process (manual recs I’m assuming) I gave up, and the upload via debit/credit card is disabled from the UK currently - there’s a note from the support team saying they had to recently disable it… Let me know if either of you have added funds via a UK card in the last few weeks… Cheers

No problem - no I have never used the debit card option. If I recall there was a 2% fee or something back then.

Digital currencies support in Revolut?: In product pipeline. BTC and ETH support will come soon. Will be able to exchange and trade or spend it.

I would like to mention Ripple. Another crypto that does cross-border transfers very fast, and at a very low price-point.
If you could allow funding one’s card by Ripple (XRP), and either conversion to FIAT currencies, or just ability to spend Ripple, that would set you apart in a big way.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hey Revolut,
congratulations on great news regarding new investors. I read in several media, that you will add bitcoin, lite coin and ethereal now. Does anyone here in the community know when this will happen? Is there a timetable somewhere already?

1 Like

As far as we know this month.

1 Like

Hope they are aware that this means a massive amount of new users in a very short time :wink:

if you integrate a crypto wallet(s), will we own private keys?

or if I put it the other way around. Will not use it unless I own private keys :slight_smile:

The winning move for Revolut with regard to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will be to ensure that the depositor retains full control of private keys. I will make very little use, if any, of a BTC deposit, top up facility if I do not keep control of the private keys. I believe this will be a deciding factor for many people in choosing which application to use. I have been using Revolut from the start and hope they make the right decision about keys.

2 Likes

+1 for crypto support - it would need to be competitive in terms of fees etc. Priced at the lowest of the pack the service could go viral.

Any official response from anyone at Revolut? :thinking:

Waiting for the release date !!! This feature will definitely blow the competitors out of the water. Would be great if support for private keys is offered too. There isnt a really cheap and convenient way of buying cryptocurrencies in UK right now. This will definitely attract a lot of new users who want to try buying bitcoin.

3 Likes

Sounds like some progress…

https://www.coindesk.com/uk-payments-startup-integrates-bitcoin-66-million-fundraise/

1 Like