Belgium iban

When will Belgian Iban be available?

1 Like

Hello @Philippe64 :wave: ,

Welcome to our community. Thank you for raising your concern with us.

I understand you are looking for the Belgium IBAN. Keep in mind that there are specific requirements you need to meet to be eligible for this option. To be eligible, you’ll need to have the required documentation and your country of residence needs to be Belgium. If you’re eligible, you’ll receive a communication from us regarding the Belgian IBAN and your account will be migrated to the branch automatically, in about two months time after you receive the email.

Hope this helps.

Was this helpful? Let us know.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

SG | Community Team

Hello,

I ask myself the same question. I absolutely need a Belgian IBAN for legal reasons and I really like Revolut, I’d hate to have to change banks. I was informed several months ago that we would have access to a Belgian IBAN, but I still haven’t received any email about it.

As I really need it, I went to see your documentation, where it literally says that new customers living in Belgium would have a Belgian IBAN directly: “Migration will take place in phases about 2 to 3 months after receiving the notification email, while new customers will sign up directly on the Belgium branch.

Just to be sure, I created a new Revolut ticket to check with a support agent if there was a solution to migrate my account to a local IBAN. He told me that there was no user-friendly solution and that I’d have to close and reopen my account. So he cancelled my subscription and helped me close my account. So I deleted my long-standing Revolut account, with premium cards like the Ultra card, all my transactions, contacts and groups, and had to switch my dozens of recurring subscriptions to an external bank in the meantime. But I figured it was worth it because I’d have my Belgian IBAN.

What a surprise when I re-created my Revolut account and saw that it was still on a Lithuanian IBAN. I contacted support and they told me there was nothing they could do and that I had to wait for the automatic migration. So they kindly told me that I’d lost hundreds of euros worth of cards and that I’d done all this for nothing, and that I’d simply have to pay back all my subscriptions and cards, to get exactly the same result as before. I couldn’t even link my old cards to my new account or anything.

Honestly, I’ve loved Revolut for a long time, but could you please be a little clearer about your communication in relation to this? We don’t have any indication of when this migration will take place, the information on the documentation is obviously wrong, and on top of that, the support staff have no way of helping us in any concrete way. I’m legally obliged to have a Belgian IBAN for a number of reasons, including starting up my own business. I paid for Revolut Ultra with a view to getting the Pro benefits (as the +1% cashback), and this situation is affecting me without me knowing when it will be released. And I doubt I’m the only one with this kind of problem, so it would be nice to get a few more details from your side…

3 Likes

Hello @maxim3 :wave:,

Welcome to our community. I can totally understand that you wish to opt in for the Belgium IBAN. Please don’t worry, as our migration process has not been completed yet. Kindly wait for sometime, as you will receive the email communication If you meet the eligibility criteria. :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Any idea when this migration process is completed?
I just started my acount yesterday and would also prefer a Belgium IBAN and provided the necesary documentation.
And since I just activated it today I kind of expected to automaticly get a Belgium IBAN.

3 Likes

Hello @NicholasMertens :wave: ,

Welcome to the Community. Keep an eye out for an email from us in the near future. Thank you for your understanding. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hi @SG.Mandal can you please specify near future? Is this a matter of days or weeks? On my personal account I got an email in December last year Belgian ibans would be available soon. My business is now unable to properly operate due to Belgian ibans missing. This is a time sensitive matter.

1 Like

Hello @ben5 :wave: ,

Welcome to our Community. I understand your need to know the exact timeline for the migration. At this moment, we are unable to provide you with a specific date. Once the migration process is initiated, you will be notified by us. Thank you for your patience. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hi @SG.Mandal is it possible to say when the migration process is scheduled to happen? And whether that will only include Revolut private clients or also Business clients? I am asking for multiple business accounts.