[ASK] which ATM are taking fees in Canada ?

Hey there,

I’ve been using my Revolut card in Canada for almost a month now and can answer your questions.

1. Transfering 1000€ to Revolut from your french account should be no problem if you have identified yourself with Revolut (e.g. with Passport). At least I never had problems sending money from a german acount via SEPA transfer.

2. Almost all ATMs in Canada charge a fee of 2 or 3 CAD per transaction. If you want free withdrawals, look for ATMs of Scotiabank (might be that they don’t work with Revolut, could only withdraw with Visa card but then it was free) or Nationalbank (here i was definitely able to get a free withdrawal with Revolut). I never had any fees with them, at least not here in Toronto.

3. You probably won’t find a free ATM at the airport and the chance of encountering DCC (Dynamic currency conversion which means the terminal asking if you want to be billed in your home currency) would be the highest with the ATMs there I guess.

4. Otherwise I’ve never been asked whether I want to be charged with conversion. All transactions went through in CAD. I think DCC is not common here in Canada compared to eastern european countries.

5. My way to go was not to withdraw money at the Airport but to pay the train ticket from the airport to the hotel with the Revolut card and after leaving my suitcases there, I wen’t looking for a Scotiabank ATM and got some money without withdrawal fee.

Hope that helps

2 Likes