Account topped up 1 week ago, still waiting for my money

In my experience they actually do fix it, they had to track down my money with the wrong beneficiary, but these processes take time, since first the receiving end balks at this (obviously to combat money laundering they have to know where money comes from and where it goes). So I would assume that within two weeks you would actually have the money available. This is very annoying (have been there too) but it is not really Revolut’s fault. And not everybody at Revolut knows this to the detail.

1 Like

My goodness 2 weeks!!
Jesus I hope they really can fix it today ! The beneficiary was under my name

There might be an additional issue that makes it even more complicated: as far as I understand it, a EUR transfer was sent to the pooled Lloyd‘s GBP account.

What currency you send probably only makes a difference as only EUR transfers are handled as SEPA payment with fixed conditions.
As far as I could see up to now the key issues are the correct beneficiary (Revolut as for the pooled account, your name for an individual IBAN) and the BIC/SWIFT issue with regard to the IBAN, which has been corrected but not all banks had the up to date file of BIC/SWIFT codes.

And the account was which one? GB…LOYD… pooled account - then it takes time, especially if your account number was not given in the reference.
Or the GB…REVO… individual account? Then it should have gone through immediately.
Today is not a banking day, it might take till Monday.

1 Like

It’s the GB LOYD account , the consultant assistant told me that they have located my transfer yesterday … and that the finance team will take care of it and that I should receive it yesterday in few hours I think it’s gonna take time

Yes that’s the problem from EUR I sent the transfer to the GBP pooled account! :frowning:

Well, I believe currency makes a difference in any circumstance. That is why you’ve got different IBANs for different currencies in the first place. If it would not matter, Revolut just could have set it up with one IBAN for all currencies + reference code.

And I am not aware of a situation where a missing reference code and a currency shake up happened combined. For some currencies, Revolut staff said here on the forum that payments would bounce back when sent to the wrong not matching IBAN for example.

@Laura1. Weekend could explain the delay. Even if they have found your money, it is not clear what happens next. Did Lloyds exchange it, for example, like a traditional bank would have done it, and it sits there on the GBP pooled account. Or is it in some sort of parking position? Did it maybe bounce back automatically? They might not be able to manually transfer the EUR from some sort of “parking position” to the correct EUR account or whatever is supposed to happen next during weekends.

Now I have no idea at all
But now I’ve just had a chat with another consultant and he told me the financial team is aware of the problem and has been informed he told me I will receive my money for within tomorrow well I hope so !!

2 Likes

Perfect, @Laura1 :smile:

2 Likes

We will see ahaha they already told me that and didn’t happen :sob:

Well I have received my money today in few hours !!! I’ve lost 150€ from 1080€ I received 925£ anyway I really thank the last agent who gave me support thanks Revolut !!! :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

By @Laura1 :slight_smile:

925£ is around 1041€, so you’re only missing around 39€, which I still don’t understand why were lost, but anyway, happy for you :smile:

You see? Everything was solved! :star:

2 Likes

Yes I am missing 39€ must be the currency commissions … I very happy I was so upset I’ll be more careful

1 Like

Hey @Juliopp, don’t fall for the spreadless mid market rate here :wink:

With Revolut, 1080 EUR would be exchanged into 852,92 GBP. That makes a difference of 28 GBP, or, Revolut’s rate for GBP to EUR applied, 31,37 EUR.

It’s easy to imagine that this money was lost when the money was converted by Lloyd’s from EUR into GBP once it hit the “wrong” account. This is what usually happens with every international transfer: if it arrives in a different currency, it gets exchanged and a fee for the exchange might be deducted.

2 Likes

Hence the “around” :stuck_out_tongue:

It is so. In these cases, banks convert SEPA payment to the currency of their account at their own rate. Lloyds Bank has been used here.

Yep next time Euro to Euro :)))
Thanks guys for your helps you’ve been actually there the entire Saturday !!

2 Likes