Your account is temporarily disabled.

Dear Revolut,

Our account is still blocked for more than 1 month ( 6 weeks)
You say you are reviewing it. But what is to review so long if we did only one transaction from begging.
You blocked on our account more than 200’000.- EUR and we cannot use it for one month. It is make us a problems. Please do something to settle the situation.
Brgds
Valery

4 Likes

Hello @valery1

I fully understand your concern. We are FCA regulated business and as a financial business, we are obliged to perform due diligence checks in order to prevent some kind of the activities.

If you should have any questions why that situation happened, I would recommend to visit our blog and read an article about how do we work: https://blog.revolut.com/how-revolut-took-a-different-approach-to-compliance/

Respectable team has been informed about your case and it is being investigated as we speak. I am sure you will be contacted as soon as it is possible.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.
Rafael

1 Like

Dear Rafael,

Thank you for explanation. A least we know Revolute do not forget about our account reviewing. Hope, we do not big losses.
After 4 weeks account disabling we may wait for some time. But suppose it will not be long.

2 Likes

Whilst I admire the banking principle behind Revolut, the on boarding process leaves a lot to be desired.
Initially I was advised that I needed to send in a copy of my passport which I did.
After a week or so I was told I needed to send in selfie-passport - again I duly complied.
2 weeks after that I am informed that i do not satisfy the terms and conditions of the bank, without any explanation. After asking why I was told it was confidential.
I presume the name ‘Mohammed’ or ‘Khan’ on my passport had nothing to do with?? I’ve been a British Citizen since birth (that’s 49 years now) and have a Experian credit rating of 955/1000. I would advise people that unless they have a European name, they’re just wasting their time with this ‘so called’ bank.

1 Like

Hi,

May I know how long it take for your account to be reviewed eventually?

1 Like

Hello,I did account at Wednesday 15.06 and I had 7000 CZK on it,today I’ll try to login to my account and I application speaks that account doesn’t exist,what is it?

Hello. For some reason, i cannot login to my account. What is going on?

Hi,
I have question about how to solve my issue (I think I found bug here).
I tried to create Revolut account and I use driver licence for this purpose but Revolut wasn’t able to confirm my identity and (at this point I was able to use app, etc.) but after one day I got email my account was deactivated and I wasn’t able to use app to ask for example “how to retry the identity process with other document”. I decided to try to create new account (when old account was disabled, I thought it will be removed when creating new account process wasnt finished) and everything went fine, my identity was successfully confirmed, etc. but I wasn’t able to transfer money to my account because some kind of strange errors like “Ops something went wrong” or “Your transfer was rejected” (no reasons why).
Right now after one week I got information (after multiple chat conversations) my new account was linked with old account but I am not able to see it in app but it is somehow linked and Revolut doesn’t allow to have multiple accounts even they are disabled.

Can anyone help me to understand is it bug or expected behavior and will I be able to use Revolut in future?

What I should do right now to have only one account?
Thanks

I personally am in a similar situation, technically I closed my account, but I have made refunds there that have not been returned, I can not enter my account but they do have my money, it is incredible that no one does anything, I’ve gone a thousand times in their chats and in the minuscule means of contact they have but without any solution, to open an account in revolut is stupid, they are a bunch of scammers, at the moment they have almost 900 euros of mine, and as much as I try to talk to them they only give me excuses, what a shame of a low cost “bank” if you can call it that.

1 Like

I have this exact issue. closed my account, then unknown to me some money was refunded there. now i have hundreds sat there and while i can login to my app and see the money, the chat doesnt work. shows an error everytime. and now i have to spend tons of time on the community to earn trust until i can even ask a simple question… ridiculous.

Writte a mail to complains@revolut.com explaining the problem i solved and i have the money back, regards

Obtener Outlook para Android

1 Like

Bonjours j’ai fait 2 virement a yucelbak sertac de 9750 et 9990 euros le destinataire ne les a pas reçu et il n’ont pas été recrediter sur mon compte donc cette argent est dans la nature
d’ailleur vous m’aviez laisser une réponse sur mon application en me disant que les fond vnt etre restituer à moi mais a aujourd’hui je n’ai rien recu

Hello I made 2 transfers to yucelbak sertac of 9750 and 9990 euros the recipient did not receive them and they were not recredited on my account so this money is in nature
by the way, you left me an answer on my application telling me that the funds will be returned to me but as of today I have not received anything

We are experiencing the same. The FCA regulations do not santion this behaviour of Revolut Business.
One account has been blocked with 106.000 for almost a year now. They are asking for invoices, but the company does not trade, so we cannot send documents that do not exist. They wouldn’t accept that answer so we closed the account, but Revolut refuses to pay out the 106.000 euros.
Another example was when a client made a deposit and they asked for a contract. we informed them that it was a mere deposit and the contract was still to be made, but without the payment in the account obviously the contract would not be made. Again they kept repeating the same question, so we made up a contract and still they kept asking the same question. Whatever document we upload, they keep asking the same question.
FCA regulations do not allow this. We told Revolut if they do not like the answers, they should notify the authorities and send the funds back to sender, but they will not do this either. They are just keeping the money. So we are going to file a complaint with the Central Bank and take them to court for damages.

It’s Ok to have a compliance policy, but Revolut is exceeding any reasonable limit of time. Their team is not competent and they simply have no idea how business works. For example, we opened an account as a pure holding company without comercial activity. We deposited over 100.000 euros. After a while they asked us for an invoice, and obviously we answered there is none, as the company is not trading. We send them the corporate tax form in stead. They insisted to have an invoice, and we again explained them there are none since we are not trading. The account has been blocked for more than one year and so we asked to close the acount and refund the money. They will not for no reason. It has been quiet 5 weeks since. We are taking Revolut to court.