Your account is temporarily disabled.

Dear Revolut,

Our account is still blocked for more than 1 month ( 6 weeks)
You say you are reviewing it. But what is to review so long if we did only one transaction from begging.
You blocked on our account more than 200’000.- EUR and we cannot use it for one month. It is make us a problems. Please do something to settle the situation.
Brgds
Valery

Hello @valery1

I fully understand your concern. We are FCA regulated business and as a financial business, we are obliged to perform due diligence checks in order to prevent some kind of the activities.

If you should have any questions why that situation happened, I would recommend to visit our blog and read an article about how do we work: https://blog.revolut.com/how-revolut-took-a-different-approach-to-compliance/

Respectable team has been informed about your case and it is being investigated as we speak. I am sure you will be contacted as soon as it is possible.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.
Rafael

Dear Rafael,

Thank you for explanation. A least we know Revolute do not forget about our account reviewing. Hope, we do not big losses.
After 4 weeks account disabling we may wait for some time. But suppose it will not be long.

Whilst I admire the banking principle behind Revolut, the on boarding process leaves a lot to be desired.
Initially I was advised that I needed to send in a copy of my passport which I did.
After a week or so I was told I needed to send in selfie-passport - again I duly complied.
2 weeks after that I am informed that i do not satisfy the terms and conditions of the bank, without any explanation. After asking why I was told it was confidential.
I presume the name ‘Mohammed’ or ‘Khan’ on my passport had nothing to do with?? I’ve been a British Citizen since birth (that’s 49 years now) and have a Experian credit rating of 955/1000. I would advise people that unless they have a European name, they’re just wasting their time with this ‘so called’ bank.