Yearly Amount Limit

Hi there,

I would like to know the following:

I have a 15K yearly limit. To increase that I will have to submit documentation. Do just payslips work or will I have to send more information?

Are they just looking for from where the money is entering revolut or further?

Reason being is if you prove your deposits from income with your payslips and then you transfer new funds via other channels like coinbase and paypal will you need to be questioned since you will be sending profit earned to crypto trading

From FAQ’S

Your annual top-up limit is based on your estimated annual income and/or generated wealth. Check below what documents you need to upload depending on your source of funds (please make sure that your name, dates, and all document information are clearly visible):

Salary: If your top-up was generated from your salary, you’ll need to send us copies of your payslips from the previous 3 months or P60/tax receipts.
Savings: In order to increase your limit based on your savings, we need to know how you earned the money that you put aside as saving. Please upload a bank statement showing the current balance of your savings account and relevant documents showing the source of your savings.
Sale of property: If you’ve sold a property and used the proceeds to top up your Revolut account, you’ll need to send us a copy of the sale agreement for the property; a bank statement showing the proceeds of the sale being credited to your bank account, and a statement showing the funds being transferred to your Revolut account (unless the funds are due to be deposited directly into your Revolut account).
Cryptocurrency: In order to increase your limit based on your cryptocurrency funds, we need to know how you earned the money that you invested in cryptocurrency. Please provide us with the relevant documents and statements showing your current cryptocurrency balance and any deposits/trades/withdrawals from the last 3 months.
Loan: If the source of your top-up is a loan - please upload a loan agreement document and a bank statement showing the received funds along with your current balance.
Self-employed income: If you are self-employed, please upload your latest tax return statement or invoices from the last 3 months corresponding to your desired limit.
Inheritance: If you have inherited wealth - please upload the inheritance will and a bank statement showing the received funds along with your current balance.

Remember to allow plenty of time :smile:

Thanks for the update. So basically I will need to upload my payslips only as I havent earned anything on crypto. however if in the future I start trading in crypto and my limit has been lifted prior to trading will I have to upload any documentation?

Hey Tumas

There is more information here (also details explaining precisely what documents earnings from cryptocurrency needs)

https://www.revolut.com/dk/help/profile/i-want-to-increase-my-top-up-limit

1 Like