Wrong transfer

I’m just saying, contacting them only makes sense if you can make a formal complaint with necessary legal documents. Or if you expect the receiver (the account holder, which isn’t Revolut) to send the money back voluntarily, which is, most likely, not the case.

I remember a similar case, and it turned out, the used IBAN wasn’t a Revolut account at all. Revolut’s name was just used for the letterhead. Have you checked an online IBAN checker to see which bank is related to the account you sent the money to?

Yes I check the account .This account is in Revolut

Basic banking principles are violated, which is why this happens.
I’m not guilty. The bank system does not work.
I transfer the amount from a bank to Germany with a beneficiary Austria.
Austrian company. I record all this in the bank order.
I write the name of the company in the bank order.
I describe in the bank order what money is being sent to.
Or: A bank transfer has IBAN, BIC, and recipient name.
One of the three if it is not true, there is no translation of money.
Please tell how the bank has released the money ???
How did Revolut take the money ???

Here is the thing: under SEPA credit transfer standard procedure, the name of the account holder is not checked! Banks are only obliged by law to check if you’ve entered an IBAN for a certain country or if it matches the name of an account holder. That’s it.

Like I said: please seek legal advice. Someone broke into your system, forged a wrong invoice, you did a transfer to this account. This is a legal matter. The banks acted correctly from what I can see here and from what you told me.

Revolut did not take your money. The account holder did. The one who forged the invoice that you’ve paid. Revolut can’t access customer’s funds.

Super.
People from all over the world have come to understand how SEPA without a name and virtually can steal, translate, any amount of money to any people.
You can use Revolution and will not find you.

Revolut is not different than any other bank here. The legal framework is the same for all payment providers. Even before SEPA, banks never always checked the names of account holders, they did spot checks.

You should acknowledge that there are procedures in place that might solve your problem. But as long as you neglect this, I don’t see how we can move forward here. I guess that’s all I can add.

I’m sorry you have been scammed but I think you are wasting your time posting here. You were unfortunately tricked into sending a large sum of money to a conman who (as I understand it) happened to use an account with Revolut for this purpose. As has been said a number of times - it could have been ANY bank provider. I would be amazed if your money were not long since gone unfortunately.

As has been said over and over, you have been the victim of fraud and you need to report it to the POLICE. I sincerely wish you the best of luck in getting your money back.

This is not true.
My bank introduced the name of the right recipient and the revolver gave my money to another person.
I have this document in my office from my bank.

Do you know a case in which a person follows the procedures has received the stolen money back?
Why revolute does not give me the name of the account owner (the thief).

But you filled in the IBAN and BIC right?

Gentlemen: I write and waste time because the revolutor does not want to contact me

Begining to think this is a wind up.
Maybe a mod should consider closing this thread?

Yes, close the topic.
Better to steal than to seek truth and your rights.

Revolut has no mail, telephone address, employees.

You’ve been told over and over again how to pursue your rights - you seem not to understand.

No bank out there will give you account holder names just someone claims to have been robbed. Google this! Ask your German bank!

Of course Revolut has an andress. It’s a fully licensed and regulated company under EU and UK law.

Sie mussen mit der Polizei sprechen. Nachdem Sie eine Polizei-Fallnummer haben, sprechen Sie mit Ihrer Bank und bitten Sie sie, die Gebühr rückgängig zu machen. Wenn die Bank das nicht tun kann, sprechen Sie mit einem Anwalt. Revolut kann Ihnen nicht helfen.

1 Like