Wrong exchange rate

Hi,

The 19th of January I’ve bought something on eBay that was in AUD (2.85 AUD). According to eBay, the exchange rate for that day, and even the exchange rate for this day, this should have been 1.64 GBP. Revolut however took 1.72 GBP of my account.
Why is that?

Thanks!

Hey @Spir4 :slight_smile:

In the transactions list, do you see the original amount (2.85AUD) next to the amount in GBP or only see the amount in GBP?

I only see the amount in GBP.

Hi there.

For future transactions, you can go on the Payments section on PayPal and then select “Pre-Approved Payments” and then select “Funding Sources” and then click on “Conversion Options” next to your card. This will give you the option to select the to select “Bill me in the currency listed on the seller’s invoice”. Then click submit and save. This is not a guaranteed fix but it should prevent PayPal from applying their conversion again.

Hi AndreasK,

Thanks, I’m going to try that.
The weird thing is though that I didn’t use Paypal as a payment option, but I paid directly with the Revolut card in eBay. My Revolut app did say it was Paypal who deducted the money from my account.

Hi,

I’ve tried it, didn’t work. Any other options that might work? Or does eBay makes it impossible?