Wrong account number - No answer in chat... - NEED HELP !!

Dear all,

I wanted to send money from my traditional bank to my Revolut Account for the first time.
Unfortunately, my banker made a mistake in my account number…
How should I do to find a solution ? Nobody answers me in the chat…

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Léa

Hey, you should contact your banker and have them do a callback of the funds. Revolut can’t really do anything in this case.

1 Like

“Simple” mistakes in account numbers should be picked up by checksum validation- the actual transfer should not be executed by your bank at all.

If it actually was executed, it means that the mistake was not that trivial… Definitely start with the bank where you ordered the transfer and request its cancellation.

Revolut can only help if you know for sure they recieved the money- which as this point is highly unlikely.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answers guys !
My bank has just told me that it will take a long time to callback the funds so I try to find another solution.
I know that the IBAN in the good one, only my Revolut account number in incorrect. Therefore the funds should be somewhere on a Revolut account no?

Unfortunately there is nothing :r: can do. If your bank has sent a payment to an incorrect account then they will have to recall the payment.
Even if the money has gone to a different :r: account then :r: will not be able to give out financial information for the other account or reverse payment at your request.

Hello,
I made a transfer to a Revolut account that was incorrect. (I had this payment details in my bank with my name and as the sort code was nearly the same as my Revolut account , I choose that one by error to do the transfer). Now, I do not know where it went the transfer. I called my bank and they are not taking responsibility for it, I tried to contact Revolut but there are no humans there!!.
Can someone help?.. What happens if the Revoulut account does not exist?.
Thanks,
Eri

@Eri1, the account number and sort code can be validated. I don’t think it’s possible to send any money to an invalid account. Most likely the account details were validated before sending, or at least this what I would expect.

In case your bank sent the money without validating the account (unlikely), I would expect the transfer to fail and the money to return to your account. I have no idea how long this could take. You need to contact you bank to ask this.

In case the account was valid, the payment will be successful and you need to follow @henrikbjorn advice and solve this with your bank as there’s nothing :r: can do about it, just like @Powie said.

Hi,

I am facing an issue similar to the ones stated above. I provided my bank account details to a friend in the US to transfer money to my Revolut account (UK). In the “account number” (mandatory field) section he input the last 10 digits of the account number instead of the last 8 digits as mandated. However, the IBAN he entered (which was not a mandatory field) was correct.

Essentially the account number was in an incorrect format. I have not yet received the money, nor has my friend’s account been credited back with a failed transfer.

Sort of urgent. Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile: