Wired transfer

Hello,

First, I must say Revolut assistance is probably the worst I have ever seen. It’s been three hours since I’m waiting for someone to answer on the chat. Moreover, it’s impossible to send a DM through Twitter. So I’ll take a shot on this page.

I made a request for a wire transfer on my French bank account. It has been debited last Thursday, but I have nothing on my Revolut account yet (5 days). How long do you think it will take?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

You should first tag them in a tweet telling them about the problem (@RevolutApp), then they’ll follow you back and you’ll be able to send a DM! :smiley:

A SEPA transfer has to reach the recipient bank no later than the next business day but for example the bank I use for top-ups will only execute it on the same day if you place the order before 11.30 am, otherwise it has to wait until the following day to be processed.

Thus, it’s possible your money has reached the recipient bank today (Monday) only. And from then on you still have to give Revolut a day or two to credit the money into your account.

For my five most recent top-ups, the time necessary for the money to appear was as follows:

1. D+2 (the 2nd business day after the transfer was executed)
  2. D+1
  3. D+1
  4. D+3
  5. D+2

Considering it’s only business days that count, not the weekends or public holidays (if any), I’d say it’s within the limits. I think you can expect your transfer to be credited tomorrow or the day after.