Wire transfer not reaching my account - Poor Support

I have been trying, unsuccessfully to receive a wire transfer from the US for the sum of $5700. The amount has been confirmed, numerous times as being in my account and on hold. I’ve been asked for varying content and each time I provide supporting information, the criteria for the ‘requirements’ changes.

After going back and forth numerous times and establishing the actual criteria, which was painful in itself, the sender has gone into Wells Fargo and has provided me with a detailed statement with all context requested. This is verbose, and I am certain that this will cover the criteria requested.

Unfortunately, whilst I have this content, I now cannot get through to the appropriate ‘Team’ who need to verify this. So far I have spent more than 15 hours (yes, not a typo, 15 HOURS) waiting in the queue to speak to the team who can release this.

Whenever I speak to someone about this, they instantly transfer me to this ‘Team’ which never connects. I’ve tried 4 times in total. The first 3 times, I left this for a number of hours, before giving up and stating ‘Resolved’. The last time, I have left it, at present we’re at 6 hours with no updates…

Revolut, what is going on here and is this the expected customer experience for Premium customers? The money in question is a refund of money that I had transferred to Revolut to the company in question. The refund, is from the same company. I don’t understand why my money, is being held, why it’s so difficult getting it released (especially considering you have the paper trail of the debit, and the refund) and why the customer service experience so far has been atrocious.

Please advise, I would like this resolved.

I can only suggest to keep trying, then when it is resolved empty your account and look for a better alternative.

I’m not using this actively also due to random blocks and no support whatsoever.

It’s a real shame @TheTruth … outside of this issue, I have been nothing but impressed with Revolut and have thoroughly enjoyed using the service for a multitude of areas. Personal, Business, Investments. My wire, being held hostage is quite bizarre. At one point, the agent suggested this was because it is a large sum of money but, in today’s day and age, $5700 is not really a large sum of money. it’s well under any limit that you’d see for a SAR review.

Hey @spurin :slight_smile:

That team can take up to three days to answer. Is that bad? Yes, absolutely, no excuses. Are you going to fix that by typing Resolved and beginning again from the bottom of the queue? Absolutely not.

Just wait and that’s it. It’s not the best of the solutions, but you’re the one seemingly “boycotting” the process to say so.

@Juliopp - Thanks for the context that it can take 3 days. In between my correspondence, I have asked and individuals have hinted that ‘it shouldn’t take that long’, hence … expectations being way off the reality that you mention :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it’s a shame. Revolut looks and sounds really good on paper, but without reasonable wait times for support you basically hit a wall and can’t do anything until someone pleases to unblock an account or what have you.

A banner should appear informing you if waiting times are particularly long. However, that’s not always the case :frowning:

Anyway, try to wait for that amount of time once you’ve been directed to the appropriate team and see if that works. I’ll also mention @AndreasK to see if he can speed things up a bit :smile:

Support can be clueless sometimes or brilliant some others, but random locks are just bad. Always check your limits from the Profile section of the app before receiving or loading big sums of money, as verifying beforehand might be more convenient and/or less frustrating :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi there. Thank you for contacting us.

Please let me have a look for you.

Best,

Andreas K.

Your transfer has been assigned in your account :slight_smile: :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

Wonderful. Thank you both @AndreasK and @Juliopp

Good chatting to you also the TheTruth (would only let me tag 2 in :grinning:)

1 Like

Let’s recognise this was not as bad as it looked like, right? :smile::sunny:

Hi @anon33247966

I have had two wire transfers coming in in the past week.

The first one was exactly a week ago on the 7th of June. It was from a UK bank to my GBP account.

The second one was this morning, the 15th of June, and it was a SEPA transfer from an Italian bank to my EUR account.

Now neither of them show up on my account and I have been trying to get in contact with agents via the in-app chat but it have not got a response.

Does anyone know what I should do to access/receive my money?

Thanks