Wire transfer from the US to Revolut

Sadly what I ended up doing is stopped using Revolut to receive payments because of this.
I decided to go for a traditional bank where fees are higher but where there are no surprises like this.

Hi Juarezweiss do you have any update, did you got your money in your account?

Hey. Even though the intermediary bank details were confirmed by two different Revolut agents, the wire transfer did not go through. I had to use another bank to receive the wire. Very sad, Revolut really did bad with this one.

Same problem, 4 support cases and hours on chats, still didnā€™t work.
I did however have some success. My customer in the US had to use Bank of America as the Intermediary and the payment then worked. This is despite Revolut saying the Intermediary is JP Morgan. What a mess. How can a bank make all these changes without informing their customers? I would have been fired for causing a mess like this at Citi!

Guess Iā€™m going to have to switch to a dinosaur bank too. Shame.

1 Like

Hello, can you please tell me which intermediary swift code you used? I am really desperate to get a transfer in. Thank you!

Hi, I can tell you what details my US customer ended up using. The problem seems to be that US banks need a local receiving bank with an ABA number ( otherwise known as a routing number). Revolut cannot provide this ABA number because they have no presence in the USA. Revolut support say that we should ask them to use our IBAN, BIC and the intermediary BIC CHASGB2L (which is a JP Morgan Chase number). Now because my customerā€™s bank require them to supply the receiving bank and its ABA, they tried using JP Morgan and their ABA (not BIC). This fails. What worked as when they used Bank of America as the receiving bank and their ABA (026009593).

The beneficiary name is your company. Beneficiary account is your IBAN. Beneficiary BIC you should have. Then you can try intermediary BIC of CHASGB2L but my customer needed the receiving bank details to be the Bank of America details above.

Do you have the LT IBAN ? I am asking cause with the GB IBAN before, everything seemed to work flawlessly.

Had the same issue ā€¦transfer from Bank of New York via Correspondent JP Morgan (CHASGB2L). Transfer failed and bounced back.

The only IBAN you should need is your account IBAN.

Beneficiary name - is your company name
Beneficiary IBAN - is unique to your account.
Beneficiary BIC/SWIFT - identifies a bank or branch, in this case Revolut.
Intermediary BIC/SWIFT is used if the Revolut BIC is not known. We are now told to use a JP Morgan BIC.

The above details are all you should need for an international swift payment but my customerā€™s American bank has the following additional 2 fields:
Receiving Bank:
Receiving Bank ABA:

Previously, their were using Barclays and a Barclays ABA number. This worked because at the time, the intermediary BIC was also a Barclays account. When Revolut changed this, it stopped working. Now I have to use Bank of America as the Receiving Bank with their ABA number. This makes no sense, given BoA are not part of this but from what Iā€™ve read, banks will ā€œtry to do the right thingā€ where possible. So I guess BoA US accounts know how to route through to Revolut, whereas JPMorgan US accounts do not.

Basically, the fact that using BoA works, is pure luck and perseverance on the part of my customer and their bank.

Letā€™s see if my other US customer has the same issues. Not happy about having to rely on luck for my international payments. I chose Revolut because of their ability to work with multiple currencies but this is useless if they canā€™t do international payments properly.

Apparently JP Morgan was used but the transfer was rejected and bounced back. And support have no clue basically as they have provided me with contradicting info related to the intermediary bank swift code. One advised i should use JP Morgan CHASGB2L and another one REVOGB2L. I guess no more Revolut for me until they get their issues resolved. I mean since its finance related and its our funds basically we should nt rely on luck nor experimenting with other Banks acting as intermediary. Bottom line is Revolut needs to solve their issues cause its a lot of people complaining at this point.

I used to regularly make transfers from a stock brokerage in the US to my GB Revolut account (quarterly dividends from a stock option scheme). My latest transfer has got lost - the same for 4 of my colleagues. We suspect it is due to the move of Revolut from GB to Eastern Europe. We were told by Revolut that this change would not affect anything, but it seems it has. We used to used intermediary bank code BARCUS33.
Revolut help agents have no idea what to say or suggest as per usual. Is there anybody from Revolut reading this forum that can help ?

Hello there,
I have the same problem, JPMorgan has reverted my payments back twice. I donā€™t know what is going on, but seems problem is there. I had no problem all my previous payments, while Revolut decided to change itā€™s intermediary bank to JPMorganā€¦ I lost already 1 months since playing this ping-pong game, when Revolut refers to the senderā€™s bank, senders bank transfer money and JPMorgan send back.
As was told above, the team has no clue what is going on except saying standard phrases which are sticked on their screen.
Trying to reach payment team, but it seems they have no willing to talk with the customer.
Does anyone know how I can contact directly to the payment processing department?
and really is anybody from REVOLUT reads this thread?
Thank you.

Hello,

Same issue for me trying to transfer USD from non-euro bank to Revolut through JP Morgan Chase as instructed by Revolut support. 3 Rejections without any given reason.

Also just tried to transfer from non EU bank to the Lithuanian swift code, it got rejected with the following error:

Beneficiary Bank amendment instructions: NEED USD INTERMEDIARY BANK DETAILS

I have instructed the sender to use the following internediary bank detail: CHASGB2L. Letā€™s see if it bounces againā€¦

It seems like that some banks when initiating a transfer, do not have the updated Revolutā€™s SSI (Standard Settlement Instruction). Therefore when the transfer is routed via an intermediary bank, the intermediary rejects the transfer due to the incorrect SSI. This was what i was told by Revolut and by Western Union which is processing my wages wired to my accounts. For instance W.U. now changed their sending bank, directly to JP Morgan when processing payments to Revolut.
Last month, they used the Bank of New York to wire my wages via JP Morgan as intermediary. And of course the wire bounced back as BONY did not have Revolutā€™s updated SSI. So it was JP Morgan who rejected the transfer basically. I believe Revolut should contact all banking institutions to advise them of the updated SSIā€¦somehow. And not the other way around. Cause i was told to contact the sending bank to communicate with Revolut via Swift for the SSI. Unfortunately, Revolut changed things around without the proper communication. And thats why many people have issues with their transfers.

1 Like

Revolut support mentions :

• REVOGB2L as Intermediary for REVOLT21, REVOGB21 ā€¦
  • CHASGB2L as (USD) Correspondent for REVOGB2L.

SWIFT MT103 has fields:

• 54A (Receiverā€™s Correspondent)
  • 56A (Intermediary Institution)

Can CHASGB2L (USD Correspondent for REVOGB2L) be used as Intermediary for REVOLT21 ?

I ve no idea but I was told to use CHASGB2L as intermediary when having USD transferred from a US Bank to my USD Balance in Revolut. I will try this month again and see if the transfer will succeed.

I have the same issue, Customer support was not helpful at all they did not even want to confirm that CHASGB2L is the intermediary, I got that from the US Bank.
We will see what happens :slight_smile:

Any luck with a transfer?

same problem ā€“ transfer coming from the US and doesnā€™t seem to be located by Revolut. any suggestions? :frowning: chat is not supportive - just insists on giving the details of IBAN + REVOGB21XXX

2 Likes

I am trying the CHASGB2L intermediary will let you know if all goes well.

My US bank said that the SSI database shows CHASGB2L as the intermediary bank.