Wire transfer from the US to Revolut

Hi there,

I have been trying to add a new beneficiary from a U.S. Credit Union account that I hold to wire funds to Revolut. The SWIFT details provided by Revolut on the app seem not to be enough to set this up. Among some other details, the online form requires to fill out specific information, such as the account number starting in GB; something Revolut seems to be miss.

Any ideas on how I can overcome this?

Thank you!

4 Likes

Which data were you trying to add?

Assuming your US bank does not perform a domestic transfer you will need to specify the SWIFT IBAN, which does start with GB.

And which currency are we talking about?

They ask for the following details:

Destination Country: United Kingdom (I assume so)
Beneficiary Type: Individual
Transaction Currency: European Euro
Country of Residence: my personal details
Last Name: my personal details
First Name: my personal details
Address: my personal details
City: my personal details
State or Province Code: no mandatory
Postal Code: my personal details
Phone Number: my personal details
Account Number: there’s no Revolut account number
BIC/SWIFT Code: GB98LOYD… (provided by the app)
Bank Name: LLOYDS BANK
Bank Address: REVOLUT LTD, LEVEL39… (provided by the app)
Bank City: LONDON
Bank State or Province: no mandatory
Bank Postal Code: not provided by the app
Routing Code: no idea

Also, there’s a reference code that consistently blinks in the app, and I do not know where to put it up.

So you want to transfer euro?

Revolut will receive the wire in euros.

If you send it to the euro account of course, the question is which currency do you want to transfer. It is euro, correct?

The U.S. bank will sent it in Euros, I guess, as I have the option to select the amount in dollars that will be wired in Euros.

So the original currency is dollars? In that case I’d send it as dollars, as otherwise your bank will convert it and their rate might not be the most favourable one.

Simply activate the USD account in Revolut and send it to the listed details. Keep in mind you need to specify the BIC as SWIFT/BIC code and not the IBAN. The latter is probably what they refer to as account number. But you still need to specify the reference number.

Thanks! I will take a look at the form again and select “dollars” as the currency to wire transfer.

Then how will I use the Revolut dollars account in the Euro zone?

1 Like

You can either convert them straight to euros or keep them in dollars and have any euro charge automatically deducted from the USD balance. Only keep in mind during weekends there is a surcharge on top of the exchange rate.

Also, you do know there is most likely a SWIFT charge on that transfer, so probably less than the amount wired will arrive, right?

https://www.revolut.com/help has more on the exchange and currency topic.

send USD to the polled USD account but you are NOT the beneficiary of the polled account, it’s Revolut LTD. so also use revolut’s address. be sure to add the right reference number so revolut knows it was for you.

No, the Credit Union has a standard (and slower) wire transfer option that charges nothing for the service.

I do this all the time. The whole idea is to avoid high transfer rates. SO for sure wire in USD. I have put in every comment field I could my name and the reference number of your USD Revolut account. That works. However sometimes it does not and Revolut does not add the amount to my account. Then open the chat help and upload screenshots of your wire transfer and they will sort it out for you.

you are NOT the beneficiary of the USD transfer, it’s Revolut LTD. If you write the information correctly (Revolut as beneficiary, and your unique number as reference) it will be credited to your Revolut account without begging customer support for manual help.

i never said the beneficiary of the account. I do exactly as prescribed but from the last 10 usd transfers half of them arrive and half not. From my side exactly the same info provided. So then you need manual help indeed.

You said you put your name and address, that’s incorrect.

No did not say That. Look at the post.
I said ‘name and reference number’

It’s too hot today to argue, as long as you put Revolut LTD as name, revolut’s address and, your unique reference it will be ok.

There I completely agree