I’ve been a customer for a year and to be hones I’m surprised about the lack of progress Revolut is showing (despite its claimed to be a fintech).
- no webapp: arguing against a webapp is like arguing against gravity. EVERY other banks have a web interface and its simply just neccessary.
- Saved bank account numbers cant be aliased so if I need to transfer funds to different accounts of the same person then I really need to know which IBAN belongs to which account (*)
- Honestly the mobile app looks crap. Pretty much every other banks/fintechs have a LOT better application (eg: check out N26). The Revolut app looks like an app somebody sketched up in 5 minutes.
- Virtual card number can’t be copied and its really hard to read (*)
- Despite the numerous promisses eastern EU currencies cant be used to top up a Revolut account leaving tens of thousands of customers roadside
- No option to put money into a safe subaccount
- buggy mobile app. Eg on android the currency chart was dropping an error for about 6 months! (I mean for F sake… 6 months!!!)
There are some new features introduced in the past 12 months but honestly nothing groundbreaking, the user experience and the functions are basically exactly the same as they were a year ago.
I’m really wondering whats going on with Revolut and when the customers voice will be heard.
(*) = I’m a programmer myself and these features can be programmed in a very little time