When will I be able to send and receive Crypto to and from external wallets

I’m very new to Revolut and I really do like the features it already has. BUT
the reason I downloaded and signed up for the app was so I can easily transfer money from and to my external wallets.
As of now I can’t store Bitcoin I bought from Revolut on my Hardware wallet. I can’t use my Crypto to buy goods and services from non-Revolut users.
So all I can do is buy Crypto and hope the price rises so I can trade it back to fiat? Other than that I don’t see any added value in implementing Crypto.
I can send Euro or USD to revolut Users cheap and don’t have to worry about the high volatility Crypto brings.

7 Likes

I would like to know this too. I would wish this feature will be here soon, because I would really enjoy to store my crypto where I buy them from Revolut, to store them secure and safely.

2 Likes

Me to and were and how is it stored in Revolut

2 Likes

I would like this made possible as well. I really empathise with the OP on everything he or she says. I can’t persuade any banks or debit card issuers to try and buy direct with Coinbase, which is used by millions of people who have never had issues. Having said that, Revolut is simply doing what every other payment processor has done.

The answer surely, must be to allow direct transactions from Revolut - after all it’s my money, not credit. I think a lot of people join Revolut thinking they’ll be able to do that and are disappointed when they can’t. I see this is a long standing issue too.

1 Like

Yes, this would make exchanging crypto with Revolut make much more sense. hope they implement it soon!

Hey !
I think it won’t really be possible, at least not right away, when you “buy” cryptography on Revolut it doesn’t really belong to you, Revolut allows you to trade, not to buy cryptography like other platforms where you actually buy the currency concerned, it belongs to you and you can exchange or trade it, here Revolut is the intermediary, you are not the direct trader, you just buy a certain amount from Revolut that belongs to Revolut and then you just use it and if you make a profit then Revolut will give you the profit but as I said you have to understand that the currency itself is not yours, it would be better if you go to a dedicated platform if you want to really have the currency in your portfolio.
Hoping to have answered your question
Have a nice day
Theo

1 Like

This feature would be really useful… I would like to own my cryptocurrencies on my cold wallet and handle them as I want. Without this feature, I will stop to use Revolut as Crypto provider.

2 Likes

Is there a roadmap/deadline for this feature?

Thank you

2 Likes