When does Auto Topup take place?

After finding out about the Super Secret and not marketed or explained auto topup feature, I immediately turned it on.

Unfortunately, it’s been over a month and my balance has dropped below the set threshold at least 2 times and each time, it’s not topped up. I have then had to manually go and transfer money into Revolut when i realise a payment failed to go out.

It would be really helpful if the auto topup page described the behaviour. Is it as soon as the balance goes below, or does it check once a week, once a month? Does it take into account all currencies in your account? If so, it shouldn’t!

Can I get some feedback and clear answer on how and when this auto topup feature works? It’s actual;ly the most important feature for my Revolut use-case. Without it, Revolut has a dramatically less appeal to me.

Allow Auto Topup on transfers

Hmmmm, secret?
Have you read this?

Yes I have, but you shouldn’t have to visit the help or forums to find out about feature of the service! what % of users of any service do you think visits those resources to find out about features of a product? :slight_smile:

Ok, but now you know how to use it. Right? :wink:

Nope because those steps are also incorrect! As I’ve previously posted in this forum thread to help others who also couldn’t find the feature: Auto Top-Up out now!

My question is regarding When it happens, not how to set it up. I’ve set it up, it says “auto top up on” threshold is set. but in 2 months it’s never auto topped up. hence the question; When does it happen, shouldn’t it have happened already? If so, maybe something’s broken that needs to be flagged? :slight_smile:

As far as I know, only card payments trigger the auto top up. If the balance falls below the limit due to other transfers, it won’t trigger a top up.

Well that sounds silly. It’s an incorrectly named feature then! With that specific requirement not described in the media around the feature :frowning:

Can you confirm this @AndreasK ? (I feel bad mentioning the busiest guy in the world directly)

Also can you request that the above linked Help pages get updated to match the actual real world info? :smiley:

This is correct :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Oh, really?
I did not knew this and I would have never thought that it is set like this.
My recommendation is to have it primarily linked to the balance limit defined and not combine it with the way of „extracting“ the money.

I think this would be better and more beneficial. How can we pass this on to the team?

One way is clearly to do it here, as we are doing right now…
Another way could be to approach them via Twitter.