What is the Top-Up fee when transferring from a non-eea card to Revolut?

Hi there!

I am a Revolut newcomer and I am considering exchanging Brazilian Reais (BRL) via Revolut instead of some exchange office. I think bank transfer is out of the question because of the insane taxes that are imposed by Brazilian banks, so I am wondering what will happen if I use a Brazilian card to top up.

Short version:

A card issued in Brazil (BRL) should transfer money to my Revolut account such that I can then use that money in Sweden (SEK). Revolut says this: “If you top up with a card that was not issued within the European Economic Area (a US-issued card for example) or with a commercial card, we may charge you a small fee to cover our costs.”, which makes me wonder what that fee really is.

Does anyone have experience using a non-EEA card (with a currency not included in GBP, EUR, USD, PLN, DKK, SEK, NOK, RON, and CHF) to top up their Revolut card? What was the fee? Does it even work?

I am grateful for any kind answers :slight_smile:

Firstly, do you have EEA residency? Otherwise you can’t open an Revolut account…

I tried Rev.me with a friend from the Philippines. It doesn’t work so I assume Top ups doesn’t work too.

@Iskender Good catch! Yes, i already have a Revolut account. To be very clear: I want a brazilian friend to be able to transfer money to my Revolut account.

YES HE CAN!

I just did it today, with Rev.me (payment link) using my prepaid card from the Philippines
There will be a 2% fee I think, I tried a small amount.

So now Revolut accepts cards from non EEA countries too :slight_smile:

But you can’t use his card to top up, you have to make a payment link request :slight_smile: