since I’m a metal user I was exploring the benefits… one of those is the purchase protection with Qover…
I took 30mins reading the contract and I was kinda left wondering what would be actually covered by it because looking at the exception makes me wonder…
I’m really having trouble imagining an ITEM that could meet the criteria…
Any example or even better a story of success with refound from this company?
You will not be covered in respect of the following:
• The first €50 of any claim.
• Normal wear and tear.
• Damage caused intentionally by you.
• Damage to items caused by product defects.
• Theft of or damage to items where you have failed to take sufficient care of them or have left them
unsecured or outside your reach.
• Theft not reported to the police within 48 hours of discovery or as soon as reasonably possible and
without a written report obtained.
Qover - Rue du Commerce 31, 1000 Brussels - Belgium - Qover S.A. - Untied insurance agent - FSMA registration number 0650.939.878 - RPM 0650.939.878. 7
• Any fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act committed by you or anyone with whom you are in collusion.
• Confiscation or destruction of purchases by any government, customs or public authority.
• Costs which are recoverable from any other source.
• Theft or damage to: jewellery, precious stones, rare and precious coins or stamps; one of a kind items
including antiques, art work and furs; cash or its equivalents (including travellers cheques); stocks,
bonds, coupons, securities of all species and equivalent papers; tickets; services; books; animals and
plants; consumable and perishable goods; food and beverages; healthcare items; rebuilt and
refurbished items; closing down sale items; vehicles and their parts; land and buildings; items
permanently affixed to home, office or vehicles; digital data to view or download online (including files,
music, films, photos, software); goods purchased to be sold onwards or used for professional purposes;
weapons, illegal drugs, counterfeit goods and other goods subject to customs confiscation; purchases
on peer-to-peer sites unless from a commercial seller.
• Any items not paid outright and in full on the account, such as items purchased on payment plans, even
if the payment plan is paid on the account.
• Refurbished items.
• Cosmetic damage or any damage that does not affect the functionality of a device.
• Shipping costs for sending the item to us which exceed €50.