What happens if someone sends a payment to you in a currency that you can't yet hold? E.g. BRL

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, if someone was to send me a payment to my IBAN from a currency not available to hold in revolut, what happens to the payment? Does it get refused? Does it get converted into your local currency?

Thanks.

1 Like

It depends on the account details the money is sent to.

Two options: it bounces back (something else than SEPA EUR transfer sent to the personal EUR IBAN).

Or it will get converted into the currency of the IBAN you’ve used as destination (not necessarily your base3 currency) with fees deducted by Revolut’s third party banking partner (like it would be with any other traditional bank).

Anyone with experience receiving (SWIFT) transfer from XOF account in West Africa to Revolut euro account? I understood it is still possible even though XOF is not supported by Revolut, so the XOF amount will be converted into euro, minus any possible bank of origin and/or third parties fees? If that is correct, how can one estimate the intermediate fees? Who will set the conversion rate (the bank of origin or the intermediary bank) ?