What about some holidays? šŸ˜†

Hi everyone :wave:,

Are you planning to travel soon? Did you know that having a :r: account can make your trip even easier and more enjoyable? :relieved:

With Revolut, you can exchange currencies at the real exchange rate, so you donā€™t have to worry about paying high fees for currency exchange. Plus, you can withdraw money from ATMs around the world without any extra fees (up to a certain amount per month). :atm:

But thatā€™s not all - with Revolut, you can also use your card for purchases in any currency, with no extra fees. That means you can shop and dine without worrying about currency conversion fees :drooling_face: :shopping:

And, with the Revolut app, you can easily track your spending, set budgets for your trip, and even freeze your card if it gets lost or stolen. Plus, if you need a few extra tips our Community members are the best with those :wink:

So, whether youā€™re planning a weekend getaway or a long-term travel adventure, having a Revolut account can make your trip smoother, more convenient, and more cost-effective :moneybag:

6 Likes

Donā€™t forget the % markup at weekends :neutral_face: I forgot about this when I purchased something in USD last weekend :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ohh god @Carl_1460, thatā€™s too bad. :woman_facepalming:

I am sharing the FAQ link here so that other users donā€™t do the same mistake. :smile:

SG | Community Team

4 Likes

Itā€™s no biggy, it was 20p but was confused at first why :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

ā€¦ and donā€™t forget time zones. ā€žWeekendā€œ might mean something else on the other side of the planet. Relevant is always New York time.

5 Likes

Absolutely @Frank. Thatā€™s the reason, I have shared the FAQ link where the timezone is clearly mentioned for better understanding. :smiley:

SG | Community Team

3 Likes

I tried Revolut as a ā€œtravel buddyā€ in 2019 in Europe :grin:
It was okay, no issues.

But not using it for travelling as Revolut is my mainly investment account :bar_chart:

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m hoping that Ultra plan will be helpful not only for travellers, but also for investors (mainly crypto :sunglasses:)

1 Like

I am planning on travelling soon, thx for askingšŸ˜‚. First time since 2019 (damn you Covid 19) and off to Las Vegas in June.

I am a 62 year old Metal subscriber and I like the simplicity of Revolut currency exchange and that it can be exchanged back if I return with money. However, it always annoys me when I see fintech companies boasting about fee free ATM withdrawals worldwide when the reality, from what I read, it is a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Although a Metal subscriber (only cost Ā£70 for the year as a Black Friday deal) I donā€™t really get much use out of all the perks and mainly use it for the free stock trades. My Travel Insurance looks as if it will be as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot!!!

In April 2022 I received an e-mail from Revolut advising that insurance was now provided by Allianz with some changes to the t&cā€™s and one very interesting paragraph mentionedā€¦ā€œWeā€™ll now cover your pre-existing conditions as long as you did not present symptoms or seek medical treatment for the condition 12 months before booking your tripā€

However, checking the insurance documents it clearly states they do not cover pre-existing conditions. Moreover when I went to Allianz own website to get a quote they have a various disclaimers stating that they have not provided cover for pre-existing conditions since May 21. Also states it is only a temporary measureā€¦2 yearsā€¦temporaryā€‹:joy::joy:. All very confusing.

Probably most Revolut account holders of my age will have pre-existing conditions so unlikely they would get any benefit from this and very disappointed I will now have to fork out for ā€œmoreā€ insurance.

Already got lots of US dollars sitting in a dollar vault as the interest there is better than my Chase account in Ā£ā€™s.

Still very happy with what I do use Revolut for though.

1 Like

I have preexisting conditions and one is a new condition. Is it possible to get supplemental medical coverage for pre -existing conditions rather than buying a whole travel insurance policy as Iā€™m happy with the basic insurance normally?

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave: ,

Unfortunately, pre-existing conditions arenā€™t covered under this policy. You can check the definition of pre-existing medical condition in your policy wording for better understanding. :pray:

To know about the coverage benefit, please check this FAQ link. :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to our :r: community, @Nirron. :hugs:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Thank you for this information as a newbie to the community. My only sadness was that I could not add Kenya Shillings to my app (list of 30 does not include KES) so if I want to add KES as a new account this is not possible. I wonder is it better to make a new account for dollars or just use my GBPs as a top up for a three week holiday in Kenya. Thank you also for the ATM information regarding no fees. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to our community @eadraffan :wave: . Let me share some basic FAQ links which will help you with travelling :arrow_double_down:

Hope this helps. :sunflower:

SG | Community Team

Thank you so much for all the help and emails. As Kenya Shillings at present cannot be automatically added as a currency to the app I have used the linked credit card I have on my Revolut account to add GBPs and will use the card (hopefully with the no fee exchange on week days) and see how that works! :grinning:

1 Like

Great! Donā€™t forget to share your experience with us @eadraffan. :smiley:

SG | Community Team

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: proof of banking - a company bank letter

Just back from Kenya - really worked well having the Revolut Visa for shopping malls and lodges or bandas on our safari up country and down on the coast. Shopping Mall car parking fees need Mpesa or cash (Ksh - Kenya shillings). Google Maps works amazingly well and most petrol stations will take your Revolut VISA card (not credit cards). Worth having some dollars on your account or again as cash if you are visiting Kenya Wildlife Service parks as a non-resident or citizen. M-PESA is the local payment method on a mobile app working with a Safaricom sim that can be used in most local shops and garages. However, we had three weeks just using cash for most fruit and vegetable payments from stalls and for more expensive items used the Revolut card with a pin number or it went through with just a touch on the machines.

2 Likes

Hey @eadraffan :wave: ,

Hope you had a great trip. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sure this will help our other users as well. :star_struck:

SG | Community Team

1 Like