Weird currency choosing bug

Hi,

I was trying to buy an asset from the Unity Asset store through Paypal https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/
My Revolut card is linked to Paypal and I did make some payments with it so it is working (bought something from steam. My steam is in Euros so Paypal charged my Euro account and that’s great.

The prices I see on the asset store are also in euros. So when I tried to buy an asset - got redirected to paypal and it showed me a higher price, because it was converting it from GBP. So I want to buy something in euros, I have an euro account on revolut with sufficient balance, but this transaction tries to convert my primary currency account (RON) to GBP and then to EUR.

I don’t have a GBP account btw. So is this a Unity problem, paypal or revolut? Is there some weird check that sets this GBP currency, based on the Revolut card? All of Revolut’s account IBANs are from the UK so, maybe this is why?

Thanks

I would check the card settings in Paypal.

You can then change the card currency settings. It’s a UK issued card, so Paypal assumes it’s in GBP.

Got only EUR currency for Paypal.

For future transactions, you can go on the Payments section on PayPal and then select “Pre-Approved Payments” and then select “Funding Sources” and then click on “Conversion Options” next to your card. This will give you the option to select the to select “Bill me in the currency listed on the seller’s invoice”. Then click submit and save. This is not a guaranteed fix but it should prevent PayPal from applying their conversion again.

Exactly, that’s what I meant. :wink:

Wow, would have never found that menu.
Thanks for the help :smile: