Weekend surcharge in app indication

I know it’s been suggested before, but an in app notification that weekend surcharge rates apply would be very useful, especially over long bank holiday weekends, when I presume the surcharge would be applied till Monday midnight UK time (as London forex is closed).

It’s particularly useful for non UK customers who would not necessarily know about UK public holidays, and be caught out with the surcharge being applied. Also if you happen to be half way round the world in a different time zone.

But I suspect Revolut make a decent amount of profit from the surcharge, and it may not make business sense for them. But it would certainly cheer up their customers.

9 Likes

yeah, there should be an explicit statement in receipt at least

2 Likes

Yes, I think it would be fair if applicable fees were transparently shown in the app.

Unless I’m missunderstanding something, the current situation is that you can’t even see the fees after the transaction has been executed. You can only guess based on the time of the transaction that a fee/no fee was applied. Then you can look up the website to check what the applicable fee is and calculate the amount yourself…