Products & Features

here the link >>> Products & Features <<<

2 Likes

I see that:
Revolut Bank
Coming soon.

Thanks.

1 Like

Is having banking license different in being a bank and in what?

Well, you need a banking license to be a bank. But you can have a license and not offer bank related services. And that is Revolut’s current status. They have both an e-money and a banking license, but services are all offered under e-money regulation.

3 Likes

I’d doubt that. There are several other European finchtechs which offer similar (for example N26) or arguably evenmore innovative (for example bunq) services as revolut, and have full (and unlike revolut fully implemented) banking licenses, and are not looked into by the banking supervision authorities. The same goes for Finchtechs wich at least get full Deposit insurance via cooporations with regular banks (like Germany’s ecological-ethical investment focused finchtech smartphone bank tomorrow, that get’s the Deposit insurance via cooperation with Solaris Bank).

So given many other Finchtechs are full banks and are not looked into/ re-examined, I do not think you can claim that in Revolut’s case this is because of bias byregular banks, whichare not the entitiy which does the re-examination anyhow.

Of course this doesn’t mean that Revolut is bad, necessarily.

But put yourself into Lithauania’s shoes: A british company, that as such probably doesn’t have to pay them that much taxes, etc. wants to use their banking license for it’s world-wide business. That means Lithauania would have to to pay off all of Revoluts customers worldwide if it should fail, but maybe get not much out of it, when it continues to work. That is a rather bad deal to begin with. It is understandable that if even the slightest doubt emerges, that they try to pull out of it again.

I think revolut should just open a second company in an other EU country (which isn’t potentially leaving soon), and do only it’s European business via that one, taxing it fully there. I think then they would get a full banking license MUCH more easy.

MAYBE that is whatthe “coming soon” Revolut Bank will be.
And then I am open to use their services. But not before, and who might know what it will be?

Does this mean REVOLUT is FCSC approved now? As I’m feeling anxious about keeping my funds in a savings vault without the assurance that if REVOLUT crashes, I’ve lost my money.

it is not https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/help/more/security/is-my-money-safe/.
(It also won’t be in the future as their banking licence is from Lithuania not the UK but it will be protected under the EDIS)

1 Like
1 Like

Wonderful! When will we have a credit option via revolut in Romania? I understand it’s already implemented in Lithuania. Also, news about Revolut investing?

1 Like