We got a banking licence ๐ŸŽ‰

Great news everyone.

Congratulations Revolut.

Well done Revolut - great news.

Sorry about the three congratulatory posts. Iโ€™ve just got approval status. :grinning:

yay bravo :slight_smile:

Whatโ€™s more, polish IBAN local accounts just arrived in the app. Nice :r:

I dont have a local Polish account in the app, are you sure this isnโ€™t a beta?

Under EU law weโ€™re allowed access to accounts in the other countries though. So I should be allowed a PLN local account in case I exercise my right to move, no?

Thatโ€™s also why I suggested it could be a beta

@AndreasK
Hi

Iโ€™m a regular contributor to other fintech forums. Iโ€™m wondering why the batch of posts above was flagged.

As I can see they have been flagged as โ€œoff topicโ€. You can use Polish IBAN :slight_smile:

moving them would have been betterโ€ฆ

Since you so easily found that topic @andreask perhaps you could acknowledge the mentions you have in their and then reply to them? Itโ€™s getting very tiring watching you skip over things. :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree, @alejandro.mery, it feels a little like punishment rather than a simple redirection.

Congratulations to all involved. Great achievement!

Hi! Congrats for that!
I have a doubt: I have to fill a form to let know The Spanish Exchequer the accounts and money in foreign countries. If Revolut has got a banking licence, then, will Revolut send all the customers many information about personal movements, bank balance, etc.? In my country the information provided to Exchequer has to be extremely accurate, otherwise, the fines are enormous and disproportionate.
Thanks a lot!

I certainly canโ€™t use this as my main account until debit cards are offered.

Are you doing any equity funding rounds (incl a crowdfunding portion :smile::smile:) to increase cash reserves? It would be fantastic to own shares in Revolut especially given I missed the round on both Crowdcube and Seedrs a few years ago.
Thanks

I also have to wait to use Revolut aรŸ Main-Account (for every day using), until a Real debit card is available.

What is the difference if you had a debit card? Would work the same way, no?

No, real debit cards allow offline transactions and that sometimes is crucial when you are travelling.
The main issue with prepaid card is that they are less trusted by vendors (one reason for that is money-laundering) because they are easier to obtain than real debit cards. Therefore, there are companies that refuse payment by prepaid cards.

I havenโ€™t thought about offline transactions. Good point!