Waiting list - change address?

Hello Andrea,

I want to ask how can you help me change my address on my revolut app?

Hello @anon33247966 ,

Iā€™m in the same case. Currently living in another country and I need to change my address.

Hi I need to change my address to.

Hello gmrocha

If you are residing in the same country as your :r:evolut account is created, you should be able to change your personal address in the app yourself by doing the following steps:

Step One: Log into Revolut app.

Step Two: Go to Dashboard.

Step Three: On Dashboard page, press the gear icon (on the top right).

Step Four: Go to Personal details, you should be able to edit your Address there.

Hope this helps!

Iā€™ve signed with my Br address because I am here now waiting for the Covid19 measures to end. But I want to use it in Portugal .

Hi Roy

The app ask for password and then says that Iā€™m one the waiting list. No way to logout

Hi Andreas,
I am relocating myself from Singapore to France. I have a French passport and a French address. What is the process?
Sincerely,
Jean

Hi JessicaZ

I set up my account in the UK but now live and work in Switzerland, how can I change the address and country

Hi @anon33247966 , I have the same problem. I just registered an account with my HK phone number and HK address. I am heading to UK in September and would like to change my account and address to UK, while keeping my HK number.

Thank you.

Hi how to get card unlocked

Hi Andreas,

UK citizen here in Dubai with a similar issue. Is there an email address on which I can reach you with my passport details?

Many thanks

Hi, I am from The Netherlands living in Dubai. I am currently still in the waiting list so Iā€™d like to change my account to the Dutch address. Can you please cancel my application completely so I can start over?
I canā€™t change anything myself or contact the customer care team because being on a waiting list.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, I have the exact same problem. Could you please send me a message?

Guys, please be aware that AndreasK is not labelled as a moderator or staff anymore, his level is an average user level.

I strongly recommend that you all contact Revolut via social media to get help.

Sorry I didnā€™t receive any notification. Where can I find your message? I am a little bit lost i am sorry

Sorry I canā€™t find it. Could you guide me please

Hi AndreasK or anyone who can help me.

I need help. I am an EU citizen, but i do not have a residency in the UK. I live in South Africa. Can you find a way to send the debit card to my country and then i can use it here?

Hi AndreasK,
I am facing the same challenge. I recently came from US to Canada. I still have a valid ID from Usa, although I am an Indian citizen. Can you help?

I donā€™t have a British cell number. I can use a friendā€™s in England. If that will help?

Hi @anon33247966,

I have signed up in Revolut with my UAE address. I would like to change my address and use my Spanish one in order to receive my card.

Is it possible? Thanks,

Oscar