Visa instead of Mastercard

My new virtual visa has the same BIN as a premium card (recognized as a debit)

1 Like

That’s great news! This should mean that this card can be added to Uber as well if I’m not mistaken, directly or via Google Pay (considering that none of my Revolut cards work using either method, while TransferWise is okay).

I never had any issues paying Uber rides with Revolut using Apple Pay. :thinking:

2 Likes

Revolut cards always worked but you have to add a real debit/credit card before adding the Revolut card to Uber.

Just got a new Premium Visa and it does indeed show as a Debit card. Also, it just says Debit on the card itself (without prepaid underneath or close to it).

What is also interesting is that on some receipts it shows as Visa Debit/Credit, while on others it actually shows as “Revolut”.

5 Likes

In what country do you live?

Currently in the Czech Republic.

How did you get this one?

By simply ordering it through the Revolut app.

Can you share with us first 8 digits of the card, are they similar to mine ones?

Like yours, but 27 instead of 70.

1 Like

Visa Infinite at Revolut? Wow!

If you have Visa Infinite do you also have access to visa’s concierge service and benefits?

https://www.visaconcierge.eu/

1 Like

I doubt that, very strongly

So hes is basically using an Visa Infinite without the benefits as part of the deal between Revolut and Visa? :thinking:

Only Revolut and Visa know. Judging from the different variations of cards posted in different threads and based on different countries, the card you get seems to change by the day.

2 Likes

The VISA cards are localized as the Mastercard cards? Meaning, they have country BIN’s?

I’m not sure, but probably they are, but not all bin checkers show that numbers AAAA AAXX (XX are different for different countries). And it is a similar number as on MC cards in my case. It is in my case 70 and 71 on both MC and Visa.

I just ordered a new VISA Premium and checking on binlist.net is reported as Visa Infinite, UK, Full Debit. When trying this card on the UK Apple Store, it is rejected with the message that this card does not work on this store, so I think the binchecker is not quite correct.

3 Likes

No, not eligible for the concierge service.

3 Likes